Liberty of the Seas - Royal Caribbean

BMJJR

Liberty of the Seas - Royal Caribbean. 12 of us from the Atlanta and D.C. area took a Spring Break Cruise on the Liberty of the Seas over the dates of April 4-11, 2010. Ports of call were Costa Maya Mexico, Belize, Cozumel Mexico and Georgetown Grand Cayman.

Thanks for watching!!

Otis1230, You are going to love the ship! If you have the anytime dining, ask for a waitress named Christine. She was the most fun waitress/waiter we have ever had cruising (and the one we freightened with the fake roach in the video).

• 4 weeks later...

We cruised with RCCL several times and were very happy. However, we did try a Princess Cruise just to try something different one year. It was a decent experience but we were VERY happy to be back with RCCL on this Liberty cruise.

We cruised with RCCL several times and were very happy. However, we did try a Princess Cruise just to try something different one year. It was a decent experience but we were VERY happy to be back with RCCL on this Liberty cruise.

Great Video. Don't know if you saw the thread on the RCCL board, but a lot of great praise over there too.

Which ship are you going to try next year?

Borg & Seadog......thanks for the nice comments on the video. I appreciate the feedback!

Seadog - for all of the photos and most of the videos I used a Nikon D5000. For the video of tubing in Belize and any underwater shots I used a flip video camera and and the plastic underwater case made for the camera purchased seperately. I hope this info is helpful. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Bruce

I caught this on the CC home page. It was really entertaining! Your group looked like so much fun! I especially loved the palmetto bug stunt (or whatever that cucaracha thing was). :p

Our group of 28 are booking the Oasis for Christmas time 2011 and I needed this to pump me up to drop the $1000 deposit. Thanks!

Lisa, .....the fake roach has had many a starring role in previous videos but this was one of the best reactions ever. :-) Have a great time on the Oasis! We hope to go on that ship next year.

Seadog67 - I appreaciate the comments. Getting feeddback from fellow cruisers has been awesome.

loverofpv - you will love this ship!!! Have a great time!

TIP - Did you guys know you can rent the flowrider/surfing machine for your private group??? I think the cost was $300 for an hour. If you have enough people in your group the cost per person is very reasonable.

• 1 month later...

Great video Bruce. You actually inspired me to pick up a mini HD camera before our Liberty cruise in June so that I could document everything.

I'm trying to get everything edited now, but wanted to let you know I borrowed Swag Surfin' for my flowrider wipeout sound track. :D

crboggs - I'm flattered!!! I REALLY want to see your video when you get it done. Feel free to contact me when you have it ready to view and/or if I can be of any help with your project :-)

Can't wait to see it!!!

Bruce

crboggs - I'm flattered!!! I REALLY want to see your video when you get it done. Feel free to contact me when you have it ready to view and/or if I can be of any help with your project :-)

Can't wait to see it!!!

Bruce

I have the "director's cut" burned to DVD but am having some issues with Youtube and uploading.

Apparently they don't like the audio tracks I embedded.

I used Perfect Day, Swag Surfin', I Got a Feelin', and Somewhere Over the Rainbow since my wife loved the version from that 50 First Dates movie.

Did you check Youtube's AudioSwap library when you added music to your videos? Or did you just get lucky and use allowed music tracks?

Basically.....I got lucky with my music on youtube.

It's really frustrating.......there is no way to know what songs will get through. If one song isn't accepted, they delete the entire soundtrak/all songs.

Try using songs you have heard on other youtube videos. TIP: I had no luck uploading any songs from Itunes. In order to even have a chance at getting the songs I wanted uploaded....I had to get them from a source like limewire or frostwire.

Worse case situation: If you are on facebook......upload the video there with the security set to only allow "friends of friends" view it. At least your friends and family will get to see it. But keep trying youtube......its always best to share it with the world and fellow cruisers......and of course if it is on youtube you can share it on cruise critic.

Thanks for the hint on limewire and frostwire.

You know, its funny...Youtube advertises buying songs from Amazon.com and iTunes but doesn't want you to use songs that you have ALREADY purchased from those very same sites...

My video is "processing"...*crosses fingers*

Archived