Cruising Alaska May 2008

gprcruiser

Thanks to everyone for your kind words. We never get tired of visiting Alaska! Glad you enjoyed.

Alaska is breathtaking and you prove that with your video. I just love how you use video clips in your slideshows...it gives a sense of actually being there! It was awesome seeing the glacier calve and whales, eagles and sea lions in motion...and was that a (big) hummingbird in flight at Mendenhall? It's all very beautiful and portrays Alaska well!

I hope one day to advance to your level of video making. What editing program do you use that allows you to insert video clips? AND is it "user friendly"? Thanks so much for sharing.

Trudy

truthandkeidy

I use a progarm called Pinnacle Studio 11. It's reasonably priced and I think its user friendly. It has all the fundamental functions a broadcast system has and when done converts your video to different formats if need be.

Although I'm a "video guy" you can edit still photo projects very easily or mix between still & video.

By the way that bird at Mendenhall is a Arctic Tern, really fun to watch!

Good luck in your video adventures! Thanks for the comments.

hommebronze

I shoot on a Sony HDR-HC1 Hd camera. It's about 3yrs old now, nothing fancy. I upload to Youtube in MPEG4 which really improves the quality of the compression of your video. I enjoyed your video! nice work

Your video is wonderful!! I got lost in it dreaming about the trip we just got back from June 13th . We have been 6 times and will go again next year. How can you tire of a place that has such abundant wildlife and scenery. Very well done

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

GPR CRUISER- You did a great job with the video.....thanks for sharing your trip with us! We did RC Radiance on May 30 from Seward to VC...the weather was sort of nasty for our journey down the Inside Passage so..maybe next time??? We enjoyed our time in ALaska and have visions of returning there. Again thanks! Susie

truthandkeidy

I use a progarm called Pinnacle Studio 11. It's reasonably priced and I think its user friendly. It has all the fundamental functions a broadcast system has and when done converts your video to different formats if need be.

Although I'm a "video guy" you can edit still photo projects very easily or mix between still & video.

I can vouch for that. I use Pinnacle Studio too, though I think I am stil on 9 or 10. It is GREAT software, very user friendly. I usually wind up making videos for all our trips!

I must congratulate you on your WONDERFUL use of music and editing. I know how hard it can be to time the video clip to the part in the song that you are trying to reflect. Getting the timing down when changing from one scene to another and timing it to music is the HARDEST part of making a video. You executed it beautifully! I seriously can't wait to go to Alaska next year! :D

• 4 weeks later...

Re:Cruising The Inside Passage Alaska Aboard Diamond Princess. May 10-17, 2008.

I just had to email you to let youknow I "loved" this video and it makes me want to go next year with family. I also fell in love with the music and notice you used the sameartist on another video. I'd like to purchase the CD, will you share the name of the artist, CD, or song title?

I am a novice when it comes to making videos, but I am going to take a look at Pinnacle Studio 11 since it is user friendly.... if it allows me to make such professional videos, it will make me feel like a winner.

Thanks again for sharing your beautiful work

Archived