Let me tell you about my cruise...

Valentina84

so, I’m from Washington DC. On June 24 we embarked the MSC Opera in Marseille for 7 nights.

It was AMAZING.

Food: food was incredible! We had the 7 pm dinner slot at white table cloth Caravella restaurant. And some had the 9 pm dinner time. I did not have any complaints about the food one time! Each night was a 3 course meal on the menu to choose from.

Breakfast was buffet style and it was usually from 8-10 am. It differed each day depending how early you arrive at that mornings port.

Lunch was also buffet style and was wonderful each and every day with new foods and cuisines.

Because we had prepaid the entire cruise and in one payment, there were surprisingly 12 beverage cards for each of us!!! I used all those cards in my alcoholic drinks throughout the cruise. It was 4 of us so we had a total of 48!!! WOW. That was more than enough for all of us to order nice cocktails and wine with. I was not expecting these vouchers and was soooo happy!

But... I had bought “cruise flask” on amazon and they are plastic pouches that I filled with vodka and rum. They were NOT detected at any port or on the ship. I was perfectly fine with them in my cabin and b cause of those vouchers I never even touched those flask that I filled at home. They are perfect for concerts and cruises etc!

My favorite drink of all time has to be Havana club rum! Soooooo..... this is not sold in the US. Burn od course the rest of the world sells it and I bought back FIVE Havana club rum home!!!! I read online that I was able to bring back up to 5 liters. So that’s what we did. No issues at customs or whatever. Except one bottle had to be discarded at Canada airport customs because the idiot in France duty free airport where we bought it did not seal he bag!!!! Ugh. Anyway.

So... we bought these rum

Bottles in different countries France, Spain, and Italy. And we also bought Limoncello. Each time we went back to our ship we had to get our bags scanned and EACH time they let us go through with the liquor and they never said a word to us! I was Shocked!!!

Deck and cabin. We had an ocean view cabin. On deck 7 in the middle. Room 7059. We never felt the ship move or had motion sickness.

I can go on and on and tell you all the wonderful things. Here are the cities that we visited. Twice we rented a car.

Marseille, France

Palma de Majorca, Spain

Ibiza, Spain

Olbia, Sardinia, Italy

Livorno, Italy (rented a car) for 90 euros right at the port and went to:

Pisa, Italy and Florence, Italy

Genoa, took the train and a bus and for about 20 euros total went to Portofino, Italy!

Marseille, France (disembarked)

Rented car and drive 2 hours to Cannes, France and then to Toulon, France.

We used the app Rome 2 Rio for ways of how to get to a city with public transportation and also google tells you exactly what to take and the times for bus and trains. Genius!!

so, I’m from Washington DC. On June 24 we embarked the MSC Opera in Marseille for 7 nights.

It was AMAZING.

Food: food was incredible! We had the 7 pm dinner slot at white table cloth Caravella restaurant. And some had the 9 pm dinner time. I did not have any complaints about the food one time! Each night was a 3 course meal on the menu to choose from.

Breakfast was buffet style and it was usually from 8-10 am. It differed each day depending how early you arrive at that mornings port.

Lunch was also buffet style and was wonderful each and every day with new foods and cuisines.

Because we had prepaid the entire cruise and in one payment, there were surprisingly 12 beverage cards for each of us!!! I used all those cards in my alcoholic drinks throughout the cruise. It was 4 of us so we had a total of 48!!! WOW. That was more than enough for all of us to order nice cocktails and wine with. I was not expecting these vouchers and was soooo happy!

But... I had bought “cruise flask” on amazon and they are plastic pouches that I filled with vodka and rum. They were NOT detected at any port or on the ship. I was perfectly fine with them in my cabin and b cause of those vouchers I never even touched those flask that I filled at home. They are perfect for concerts and cruises etc!

My favorite drink of all time has to be Havana club rum! Soooooo..... this is not sold in the US. Burn od course the rest of the world sells it and I bought back FIVE Havana club rum home!!!! I read online that I was able to bring back up to 5 liters. So that’s what we did. No issues at customs or whatever. Except one bottle had to be discarded at Canada airport customs because the idiot in France duty free airport where we bought it did not seal he bag!!!! Ugh. Anyway.

So... we bought these rum

Bottles in different countries France, Spain, and Italy. And we also bought Limoncello. Each time we went back to our ship we had to get our bags scanned and EACH time they let us go through with the liquor and they never said a word to us! I was Shocked!!!

Deck and cabin. We had an ocean view cabin. On deck 7 in the middle. Room 7059. We never felt the ship move or had motion sickness.

I can go on and on and tell you all the wonderful things. Here are the cities that we visited. Twice we rented a car.

Marseille, France

Palma de Majorca, Spain

Ibiza, Spain

Olbia, Sardinia, Italy

Livorno, Italy (rented a car) for 90 euros right at the port and went to:

Pisa, Italy and Florence, Italy

Genoa, took the train and a bus and for about 20 euros total went to Portofino, Italy!

Marseille, France (disembarked)

Rented car and drive 2 hours to Cannes, France and then to Toulon, France.

We used the app Rome 2 Rio for ways of how to get to a city with public transportation and also google tells you exactly what to take and the times for bus and trains. Genius!!

Havana Club Rum is sold at BevMo in the US -under $20/bottle. Fairly mediocre. Try Mount Gay or Appleton.

With 48 beverage cards being used between 4 people, they were lucky they had written it down so they can remember what happened.:p

Not sure how you figure that...48 coupons divided by 4 people, is 12 per person. For a 7 day cruise, that is less than 2 drinks per person per day. And they might have used it for water, too. EM

• 3 weeks later...