Which ship in Alaska 2020? Guesses?

Carnival knows which ship they'll have in Alaska. Plans and schedules for 2020 where probably completed this spring. Cruiselines book ports and times about 2 years in advance. The Alaska schedule should be be sometime in fall 2018 or spring 2019.

Will Panorama be in service on the west coast that year? I feel with RCI Quantum class and the NCL Bliss being deployed there this summer and validating market viability, there is enough market capacity to deploy Carnivals modest megaship. Even HAL has their improved Vista classes doing Alaska runs now.

Carnival Australia is selling a Sydney to Honolulu cruise for March 2020 and a Honolulu to Brisbane cruise for October 2020. It’s going to be the Spirit.

Northbound:

https://www.carnival.com.au/find-a-cruise/details?voyage=S014

Southbound:

https://www.carnival.com.au/find-a-cruise/details?voyage=S043

Not only are we waiting on an official Alaska announcement, but also Miracle’s homeport beyond February 2020, possible deployment of another ship to San Diego, the first XL ship’s name and homeport, what’s happening with the Triumph dry dock (I got John Heald to confirm she’s not being renamed), plus more details on Panorama like the IMAX replacement and the first Cruise Director, not to mention all the requisite ship dancing that will result

Will Panorama be in service on the west coast that year? I feel with RCI Quantum class and the NCL Bliss being deployed there this summer and validating market viability, there is enough market capacity to deploy Carnivals modest megaship. Even HAL has their improved Vista classes doing Alaska runs now.

Panorama has scheduled service to the Mexican Riviera through December 2020.

My guess for 2021 is that Miracle will replace Pride in Baltimore sometime in 2020, allowIng Pride to winter in San Diego. Carnival Corporation will let you sail Alaska on a Funship, but obviously Holland America and Princess make them more money in Alaska, especially since Holland America and Princess own some of the land-based tour operations there.

Carnival Australia is selling a Sydney to Honolulu cruise for March 2020 and a Honolulu to Brisbane cruise for October 2020. It’s going to be the Spirit.

Northbound:

Southbound:

Not only are we waiting on an official Alaska announcement, but also Miracle’s homeport beyond February 2020, possible deployment of another ship to San Diego, the first XL ship’s name and homeport, what’s happening with the Triumph dry dock (I got John Heald to confirm she’s not being renamed), plus more details on Panorama like the IMAX replacement and the first Cruise Director, not to mention all the requisite ship dancing that will result

I agree it certainly looks like Spirit is coming up for the Alaska season in 2020.

Miracle is also due for her next dry dock in 2020 so I could certainly see them putting her in dry dock before they move her to Baltimore or where ever she ends up going. They seem to like to be able to announce a ship fresh out of her dry dock when they are announcing a new home port. I wonder if they will put Triumph in New York for a second year or possibly let Miracle fill that role until the fall when all the dancing of ships should begin with the first XL ship supposed to be coming online around August 2020.

Any ideas yet where the 1st XL ship will be home-ported??

Karen

Port Canaveral is probably the leading candidate due to its LNG infrastructure, but I’m sure Miami is also in play.

I don’t think it would be likely, but with Carnival putting money into Ensenada, it’s possible Long Beach could wind up with an XL ship as well. As crazy as it sounds, Carnival could replace Imagination and Inspiration with a single XL ship to do the Baja runs, and still be up substantially in terms of capacity for short cruises (270,400 vs. 213,824). Ensenada would be the refueling point for all those cruises-probably easier to build the infrastructure in Baja California than California. Carnival could then dispose of two ships that don’t have the category 8 (balcony) cabins-Fantasy, Imagination, and Inspiration.

Port Canaveral is probably the leading candidate due to its LNG infrastructure, but I’m sure Miami is also in play.

I don’t think it would be likely, but with Carnival putting money into Ensenada, it’s possible Long Beach could wind up with an XL ship as well. As crazy as it sounds, Carnival could replace Imagination and Inspiration with a single XL ship to do the Baja runs, and still be up substantially in terms of capacity for short cruises (270,400 vs. 213,824). Ensenada would be the refueling point for all those cruises-probably easier to build the infrastructure in Baja California than California. Carnival could then dispose of two ships that don’t have the category 8 (balcony) cabins-Fantasy, Imagination, and Inspiration.

I'm going to agree with you on Canaveral taking your word on the fueling situation. Only reason is that as of right now, Canaveral is still down one 7-8 day ship from its historic allotment going forward.

And I agree that your idea of using a brand new billion dollar boat as a weekender isn't going to happen!

Northbound:

Southbound:

Your right; we where told by CD & Captain at Diamond party "The Spirit" will be sailing Alaska in 2020. As posted by Tidecat. It will replace Sister ship "The Legend" for this season. After that "the Spirit" will sail year round out of Brisbane to Pacific Islands & great barrier reef. No name for ship in 2021 & beyond..

Any ideas yet where the 1st XL ship will be home-ported??

Karen

My guess in Galveston or they will eventually get one of them. I say that only because I remember reading an article a while about the Port of Galveston getting regulatory approval for infrastructure to support CNG ships. The article didn't mention cruising directly, but renovations were slated to be in place prior around the time the first CNG carnival ship is delivered. Sorry I can't find the article now.

So if the Spirit does get Alaska for 2020, does she have a big screen (sadly, I know the miracle does not)?

YES.

We had World Cup matches up on it in JUNE; PLUS Australia's biggest sporting event The State Of Origin. (Rugby Football). It will be cold,

They show movies every night. You will get a blanket for your deck chair...