Margaritaville Cozumel

Lostcruisin

Does any one know if Margaritaville in Cozumel will be open if no Royal Caribbean ship will be in port? I have been hearing mixed answers. I am hoping to walk over there while we are in Cozumel but don't want to get there and they be closed.

Have you googled the locations website? Maybe it posts hours of operations.

I can’t imagine a chain that size closing down. Cozumel has so many resorts. It’s not just a cruise stop.

They had one in Cancun years ago that is now closed. We got lucky and had a hotel stumbling, I mean walking distance away.

They had one in Cancun years ago that is now closed. We got lucky and had a hotel stumbling, I mean walking distance away.

You misunderstood or I didn't communicate effectively.

When I said "I can’t imagine a chain that size closing down", I meant closing down for a day just because a Royal Caribbean ship wasn't in town that day. I didn't mean permanatly.

Gotcha. Now, please explain the connection between margaritaville and royal Caribbean. As I said, Norwegian I can understand the connection.

There are different docks in Cozumel that cruiselines dock at.

The dock Carnival uses is in an area that has Senior Frogs as a huge bar to get smashed at.

One of the docks that Royal uses has a Margaritaville. (I'm assuming)

I know way too much about Senior Frogs at the Carnival dock.

The dock Carnival uses is in an area that has Senior Frogs as a huge bar to get smashed at.

Ah ha. I got it now. Yes, there is a new Margaritaville on RCI's pier, but the main one is still open just a little ways down the road.

Yes Margarittaville is at the RCI docks. I didn't know there was another location. I have just heard conflicting answers on them being open only when an RCI cruise was in port. Only it states they are open 6 days a week from 9am to 6pm (closed Sunday).

Have you googled the locations website? Maybe it posts hours of operations.

I can’t imagine a chain that size closing down. Cozumel has so many resorts. It’s not just a cruise stop.

They were closed on us in August!!! I was so mad. We left Mr. Sanchos and came back planning to stay there for a while since our ship didn't leave until 10 pm. There were three ships in port that day too. I was so mad. That was going to be our souvenir stop!

For everyone else thank you. So they are no longer at the Royal Carribean docks? The website still lists it as there.

YES, they are at Royal Caribbean (International Pier). That is where they moved TO from their downtown location.

Not sure if they are open when there are no Royal ships in. I was surprised to hear how early they close in an evening. Whilst I would never go there, I don’t understand why they moved from downtown (open to everyone from cruises or hotels) to a cruise line pier, but I guess they had their reasons.

I wasn’t aware that Puerta Maya had a Señor Frogs, but I have never docked at Puerta Maya.

There is a small Senor Frogs at International as well as Margaritaville. Also an “in-town” location near to Punta Langosta. Perhaps you were on a smaller Carnival ship that docked in town?

Ah ha. I got it now. Yes, there is a new Margaritaville on RCI's pier, but the main one is still open just a little ways down the road.

The Margaritaville in San Miguel - the one by Rolandi’s, is permanently closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums