Cabin assignments

my heart will go on

Just making a point..... not so subtle? :confused::o

Not an issue of subtle so much as confusing and irrelevant to the conversation here. Since you asked.

I told you how to avoid this drama... ;);p

Wow, you mean the OP could have changed to an actual cabin assignment in the couple of days since this thread started?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Edited by MisterBill99

Can't figure out how a cruise that is listed as sold out on the website has cabins to be upgraded to. We're staying put. Maybe we'll get a free upgrade at the dock.

Because there are unassigned cabins, but presumably an equal number of unassigned guarantee cabins available.They try to sell people an upgrade before giving it away free to a guarantee.

And we're still checking in on you. Only 9 days to go, single digit time! m--

My experience shows that the longer you wait for your cabin assignment, it sometimes means theres more than a few available at a higher level and theyre tring to upsell first; and in my case, I ended up with a nice surprise upgrade. As they say sometimes "Good things come to those that wait". I hope that the suspense comes with great news.

I'm booked a guarantee for my upcoming cruise, I don't expect to see my assignment until about 7 days out.

Because there are unassigned cabins, but presumably an equal number of unassigned guarantee cabins available.They try to sell people an upgrade before giving it away free to a guarantee.

I think my cruise is sold out. Hasn't shown up as an available cruise to book in over a week.

So Oct 1 departure... looks like maybe you are going on the the Grand Asia cruise, or part of it? Nice! But multiple segment itineraries are more complicated. That means they have a lot shuffling to do for upsells, upgrades and work it out so that people on more than one segment don't have to change rooms.

That's a very nice itinerary, we looked at it but opted for Europe instead this year. I doubt you'll find that type of itinerary on Celebrity.

Plus, HAL has already given you OBC and an upgrade from a balcony to a Signature suite, nice and very nice. It seems they are taking good care of you. Your patience will pay off. And you''ll have a Grand cruise in a special room. We hope you will be able to check in here and let us know how it's going. m--

So Oct 1 departure... looks like maybe you are going on the the Grand Asia cruise, or part of it? Nice! But multiple segment itineraries are more complicated. That means they have a lot shuffling to do for upsells, upgrades and work it out so that people on more than one segment don't have to change rooms.

That's a very nice itinerary, we looked at it but opted for Europe instead this year. I doubt you'll find that type of itinerary on Celebrity.

Plus, HAL has already given you OBC and an upgrade from a balcony to a Signature suite, nice and very nice. It seems they are taking good care of you. Your patience will pay off. And you''ll have a Grand cruise in a special room. We hope you will be able to check in here and let us know how it's going. m--

We're heading west to Hawaii... :D:cool:

Welp... we're in an SS suite, we were guaranteed an SZ. Not sure if there's much of a difference but at least I know where we'll be living for 17 days :cool:

Surprise. There were actually cabins available even though the website said it was sold out.

I am not a HAL expert but when I was waiting for my SZ assignment (I also got an SS) in March, the Signature Suite category showed sold out for a while, then not sold out. It was clear that they were trying to upsell people. Also, some people do cancel at the last minute.

Welp... we're in an SS suite, we were guaranteed an SZ. Not sure if there's much of a difference but at least I know where we'll be living for 17 days :cool:

my bold...

So that means you got your assignment? Now you can relax on that. Go have a grand time! m--

We will. Thanks for all the support from everyone :)

Glad you can now feel like you are off to a good start! We love the Hawaii cruise! We like the sea days for the good relaxation after getting to the cruise, then you just can't beat the Aloha spirit and all the exotic things to do there, followed by the relaxing "vacation" coming back. Enjoy it all! m--

Wow, you mean the OP could have changed to an actual cabin assignment in the couple of days since this thread started?

Nope, but the OP could have selected the cabin they wanted at time of original booking, and thus avoided all the drama and anxiety they ended up dealing with.

Or, having booked a guarantee, they could have avoided all the stress and anxiety by not obsessing over it.

Problem is, OP did stress over it, and that is my whole point. Some folks are just prone to stressing / obsessing over things like this, yet continue to book guarantees.

For those folks, why not eliminate the anxiety of cabin assignment timing altogether by selecting their cabin upfront and be done with it?

Problem is, OP did stress over it, and that is my whole point. Some folks are just prone to stressing / obsessing over things like this, yet continue to book guarantees.

For those folks, why not eliminate the anxiety of cabin assignment timing altogether by selecting their cabin upfront and be done with it?

Quite frankly lots of folks like the anxiety, the excitement, the 'what will we get?'.