Zaandam, room noise from laundry and connecting door?

Ratdoggie

We are booked on Deck 3, mid-ship room C2575. There is an unlabeled white area directly across the hall from our room. Does anyone know if this is the launderette and if noise would be a concern? Also, I have read that the tv can be easily heard from the next room if you have a connecting door. Has anyone else experienced this or could this person have just had a loud neighbor?

I can deal with one or the other I think...but the two added together may be a little much over a 2 week cruise so I'm just wondering if we should consider a cabin change.

Thanks!

We are booked on Deck 3, mid-ship room C2575. There is an unlabeled white area directly across the hall from our room. Does anyone know if this is the launderette and if noise would be a concern? Also, I have read that the tv can be easily heard from the next room if you have a connecting door. Has anyone else experienced this or could this person have just had a loud neighbor?

I can deal with one or the other I think...but the two added together may be a little much over a 2 week cruise so I'm just wondering if we should consider a cabin change.

Thanks!

Just looked at the deck plan for the Zaandam. I found the laundry on deck 3 between cabin D3337-D3338. You might want to double check where you are located. I found your cabin but it was on deck 2.

Can't help you regarding adjoining rooms but we have never heard a TV from any other cabins on any of our cruises.

Hope this helps.

Helen

We were on the Zaandam last month in a vista suite and, for the first time ever, we could hear the TV from the next cabin. I don’t know if our neighbors had the TV’s volume extra high, but it was annoying to hear voices from one of the news channels at 5:30AM. Fortunately, this only happened a couple of times.

Thank you HELENPSL...you are correct, we are on deck 2, that was my error! So I guess the laundry room isn't going to be an issue. And thank you Mtn2Sea, maybe the connecting room isn't as much a factor as who your neighbor is. Guess we will stick with the room we have, I like the midship location.

We are booked on the Zaandam on the first cruise after the drydock. Seems like I read somewhere (although I can't find it now) that the self service laundries were being removed during the drydock. Can anyone else confirm this?

Also...based on the current deck plans, it looks like there is a laundry on both Deck 2 and Deck 3. (See photos below.)

deckmain.gifdecklowerpromenade.gif

So: there is one self serve laundry on the Zaandam on deck 3? Does anyone know how many washer/dryers are there? Are there other self serve laundries on other floors?

I was unaware of self serve laundry until i saw this post.

thank you.

We have had connecting cabins several times. There can be quite a lot of noise transmission through the connecting door. On one cruise we could hear the folks next door crumple wads of crinkly paper! On another there were kids next door who turned the TV up loud and played a cartoon video on infinite loop for about 6 hours. Yikes! On other cruises the connecting door has not been an issue. Unless we have to take a guarantee (like when we cruise a segment of a grand cruise) we choose our own cabins to not have that door connection.

Being across from the laundry, IMHO is less of an issue as the laundry room door closes and most of the noise is inside. Sharing a wall with the laundry might be a different issue. No experience there.

There are lots of white spaces on ship diagrams that will not be an issue - like the stewards pantry, or like on one of our cruises, the liquor store room for the shops on board, or maybe a crew cabin. But it is difficult in advance to know how these spaces are used.