Confused by cabin categories on Zaandam

AryMay

I'm a little confused...but that's not really anything new. ;)

In looking at oceanview cabins on the Dolphin Deck of the Zaandam, why are the category EE cabins more expensive than the category F? The forward category EE cabins are closer to the front which usually means lower priced.

Also...why are the two categories not together in a group at the back of the ship?

I have cabin #1824 booked for an upcoming cruise...any thoughts on this cabin??

deckdolphin.gif

My guess is that it is because they are quads. You can see the same thinking by HAL on the Vista and Signature ships where there are five VE quads in the middle of a block of VFs at the forward end of deck 4.

At the aft end of the Zaandam where there are some Fs and EEs mixed, the EEs are quads and the Fs are just doubles or triples.

Edited by catl331

• 1 month later...
To what do you attribute your longevity?

Hmmm. Not sure 1824 would make him/her among the oldest on some of our HAL cruises ;p And lately we are wondering if some of the HAL ships have had maintenance since 1824 (only a joke....or is it?).

Hank

• 1 month later...
Nice comments, but it doesn't answer the question. We are booked on a BB on the Navigation deck. It is the same size as a B and they are next to each other, but they are different prices.

The BB is just one cabin further aft than the B. Other than that, they ought to be identical. I often try to book such a situation with the more inexpensive cabin directly next to one that is somewhat more expensive.

The "ride" in a BB at that location would be identical to the "ride" in the B next door.

The BB is just one cabin further aft than the B. Other than that, they ought to be identical. I often try to book such a situation with the more inexpensive cabin directly next to one that is somewhat more expensive.

The "ride" in a BB at that location would be identical to the "ride" in the B next door.

Thanks! I like where the cabin is located.