Carnival Elation Grand Deck Cabins

jeff92k7

Is anyone going on the Elation anytime soon and staying on the new Grand deck? I'm looking for photos and details of the new cabins there. There are four cabin types on that deck...

4I - interior (likely similar to other 4i class cabins, though the only other 4I cabins on the Elation are the few on the Verandah deck)

JT - Junior suite (Entirely new class of junior suite for the Elation)

6J - Scenic Ocean View (only two cabins on the Elation and they are entirely new for any Fantasy class ship).

GV - Grand Vista Suite (again, only two cabins on the Elation and they are entirely new for any Fantasy class ship).

Carnival's site has them listed under the ship but has stock photos for some of them (taken on other ships) and few details about the new room classes (items like square footage and floor plans are missing). If you try to book any of these online, you can't because the deck selection page doesn't even list the Grand deck at all. I had to call to get an agent to quote me pricing for an upcoming booking that we have on the Elation next summer. The agent didn't even have much info on the cabins. I had to tell her that they actually existed and then wait on hold for her to figure out how to find them in her system.

Is anyone going on the Elation anytime soon and staying on the new Grand deck? I'm looking for photos and details of the new cabins there. There are four cabin types on that deck...

4I - interior (likely similar to other 4i class cabins, though the only other 4I cabins on the Elation are the few on the Verandah deck)

6J - Scenic Ocean View (only two cabins on the Elation and they are entirely new for any Fantasy class ship).

GV - Grand Vista Suite (again, only two cabins on the Elation and they are entirely new for any Fantasy class ship).

Carnival's site has them listed under the ship but has stock photos for some of them (taken on other ships) and few details about the new room classes (items like square footage and floor plans are missing). If you try to book any of these online, you can't because the deck selection page doesn't even list the Grand deck at all. I had to call to get an agent to quote me pricing for an upcoming booking that we have on the Elation next summer. The agent didn't even have much info on the cabins. I had to tell her that they actually existed and then wait on hold for her to figure out how to find them in her system.

We are on the 30th of Oct cruise. Obviously we won't have that cabin type because it did not exist when we booked. We sailed her before the dry dock and will explore the differences after. Will try to answer your question after sailing.

We are on the 30th of Oct cruise. Obviously we won't have that cabin type because it did not exist when we booked. We sailed her before the dry dock and will explore the differences after. Will try to answer your question after sailing.

You might be able to call and see if you can upgrade your existing booking if you want one of those cabins. That's what I did. I figured the cabins would sell out quickly, especially since there are only two cabins of two of those types, but they were all available when I called. I suppose since they are so new that they haven't made it all the way through the normal booking channels yet so you might still be able to get one even for cruises in the near future.

Just noticed this today. The scenic ocean view is only 10$ more per day than my ocean view but wouldn't show me what floor. Do you know where they are located... front. Middle. Back? Any certain floor?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The only two scenic ocean view cabins are on the very front of the ship on deck 14 (the grand deck).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

I am fresh off the Elation today and was in one of the Junior Suites on the Grand Deck. I was able to snag it through an up-sell call a few days before the sailing. Oh happy day as it was super reasonable.

The room seems a bit more spacious from a regular balcony cabin on the Elation, with the two beds and a couch for the 3rd person. There was enough extra room to have a small table inserted in between the couch and the wall close to the bathroom if that makes sense. The balcony is definitely larger and your knees do not bang the barrier when you sit, which is nice. The TV is flat wall mounted and super sized. The vanity area has a nice light on the mirror and enough room for the chair AND the trash can to sit to the left without the battle of pulling in and out after service each day. Oh and they have USB plugs by the beds. No bathtub. The shelf space is not IN the closet now, but close to the door and open for all to see as they walk by if door is open (not huge fan of that) and the safe was pin based not credit card swiped.

Our absolute favorite thing was the balcony having a sliding glass door and not a push out/in. It's also all open and clear so you are able to pull back your curtain and have a wall to ceiling view of the ocean, or even sleep with it open.

I do have three warnings, which everyone can take as they will for how noise sensitive or impatient you may be: 1) the balcony door whistled at times, no matter how hard we closed it. 2) you can hear people on the Sun deck above if they are running or stomping 3) there are only two elevators that take you to the Grand Deck so if you can't take (or don't want to take) stairs it can be a bit of a wait. None of this may be of issue, but thought I would share.

I do have a funny story --- we were doing an Instagram live showing our room and then in the middle of "showing off" the closet door falls right off the hinges..... Yeah, ooops... They were apologetic and fixed it pretty quickly.

On the not so funny side, on day two the Waterworks deck had some sort of explosion (I call it that) from the tail/funnel area and the letter explained it was oil (and I saw soot or some burnt bits of whatever) that was expelled on an engine restart or something of the like. It was pretty scary as it sounded like a bomb to me and I learned I can move pretty fast when I need to. Some folks were covered in dust and the liquid mess and it was not so fun on the fun-ship for a couple hours. We issued statements to security and it was all something I hope to never experience again.

I find after all the cruises that I take less and less pictures, but hopefully this paints some sort of image. I can try and answer related questions.

...hopefully this paints some sort of image. I can try and answer related questions.

Thanks SO much for that great review.

In regards to the sun deck above, are there lounge chairs up there? or is it still just empty? Also, I've seen a couple of comments on Facebook about extra motion on that deck since it is so high. Did you or anyone you know have any issue with that (i.e. seasickness)

There were no sitting or lounge chairs on the Sun deck during the duration of this cruise - it was wide open and all noise was from feet.

I am not prone to seasickness and had no problems (or anyone else in our cabin) -- you are definitely high on the ship - plus the sea was pretty calm, so maybe I didn't get the TRUE picture of what it could be like.

I'll be sailing on 11/13 and will be in a junior suite on the Grand Deck, thanks to a call from the upgrade fairy last night! :D I can try to snag some pictures for you. Anything in particular you're wanting to know about it other than general layout?

• 5 weeks later...
I'll be sailing on 11/13 and will be in a junior suite on the Grand Deck, thanks to a call from the upgrade fairy last night! :D I can try to snag some pictures for you. Anything in particular you're wanting to know about it other than general layout?

I'll be sailing on the Elation soon and I am thinking about booking a Junior suite on the Grand Deck. Did you get any pictures that you can share? Was it extremely noisy or is it bearable? Thank you for any information 😁😁

I'll be sailing on the Elation soon and I am thinking about booking a Junior suite on the Grand Deck. Did you get any pictures that you can share? Was it extremely noisy or is it bearable? Thank you for any information [emoji16][emoji16]

https://photos.app.goo.gl/st09u4QAskKuup972

Hopefully that link will work. Image hosting is blocked from my work WiFi. Don’t mind my mom in the balcony photo, she’d kill me if she knew that was public [emoji12]

It wasn’t noisy at all surprisingly, we were in G29 which was the last one in the hall closest to the public areas. It was quite nice! I’d definitely book again.

• 3 months later...

Any more info or reviews on these new suites? Considering booking one for May, but concerned about the movement and the noise from above. Also, are there are perks with these Junior Suites such as priority embark, debark and priority tender boarding? Thanks.

Any more info or reviews on these new suites? Considering booking one for May, but concerned about the movement and the noise from above. Also, are there are perks with these Junior Suites such as priority embark, debark and priority tender boarding? Thanks.

Perks for all Suites (except owners and captain's suites)

Here is the latest info on the suite perks:

Priority Check-In and Express Boarding

Carnival’s Priority Check-In is an exclusive service designed to afford our guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations with special check-in privileges. Cruise documents are stamped, 'Priority' and state, 'If you have priority check-in (listed on your documents), please proceed to the Priority lounge'. We provide Priority Check-In at all embarkation ports.

At time of booking, you will need to instruct guests that they must ask for ‘Priority Check-In’ upon arrival at the cruise terminal. Embarkation staff will ensure that guests are expedited through the check-in procedure as quickly as is possible, while providing quality service.

Priority Tender Boarding / Priority Debark at Ports of Call

Guests can take advantage of priority tender service from ship to shore (multiple departure times may be possible) so they can explore ashore as quickly as they want to. For non-tender ports, to make debarkation as smooth as possible, we also offer priority debark.

A letter will be placed in the guest's suite with instructions where to meet and the window of time this service is available. This service is not for those booked on a Carnival shore excursion as these guests are given separate instructions when and where to meet.

Priority Debarkation

Guests will receive a debarkation letter offering a choice of how they would prefer to disembark the ship. They will be given the option of Self Assist (where offered) or Priority Debarkation; for Priority Debarkation, guests will receive special luggage tags which will entitle them to leave the ship after the Self Assist guests but before the remainder of the guests.

Suite Amenities

In addition, guests in deluxe suite accommodations will receive:

• A high level of service provided by our most highly-rated stateroom stewards

• Two complimentary in-suite large bottles of water

• One complimentary bag of laundry

The following perks are not for those guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations unless they are VIFP Diamond or Platinum guests or have purchased Faster to the Fun.

• First Access to Stateroom

• Priority Luggage

• Priority line at Guest Services desk

• Dedicated onboard Guest Services phone number