Feedback on NCL Epic / Escape Aft Balcony Cabins (Regular and Haven) - Yay or Nay?

psilvia

Hi All!

Looking to book our next cruise and I'm considering an aft balcony cabin on either Epic or Escape. Also kicking around booking the H6 category larger balcony aft cabin. I'm concerned about vibrations/noise with those cabins and I'm looking for feedback from fellow cruisers who may have booked those types of cabins previously. LOVE the idea of the aft cabins but want to know the practicality.

Thank you!

The H6 is my favorite on Escape. The larger (stateroom and balcony) H2 would be my second (never had one of those). The important thing with the H6 is knowing the differences for each deck. Room configuration, balcony size, etc. are important to know when choosing.

If going for a non-suite aft-facing B1 on Escape, knowing the balcony depth, balcony width, and stateroon configuration differences is important.

There is an occasional "shimmy" but most people don't even notice it. Breakaway has a mechanical problem which causes much more vibration in the rear but that should be fixed when the ship goes for drydock.

There may be a minor bit of soot on the balcony but nothing to worry about.

We were in B1 aft cabin 9322 on the Escape this past February. I found the the engine noise to be too loud while trying to sleep at night (it was a loud grumbling/rumbling noise all night). I could also hear the music from the Manhattan Room below until about 10 - 11pm. The balcony was a great size and I loved it however I will not book this room again because of the noise and in the future will book aft cabins on a higher deck.

The balcony was a great size and I loved it however I will not book this room again because of the noise and in the future will book aft cabins on a higher deck.

If you go higher than 9 on Escape, the balcony will be smaller and if you go too high, the bass from Spice H2O will go on way past 11pm.

If you go higher than 9 on Escape, the balcony will be smaller and if you go too high, the bass from Spice H2O will go on way past 11pm.

Yeah I know (cruisedeckplans is my close friend)....the balconies do not progressively get smaller though as you go up it varies from deck to deck i.e. 9 and 12 are the largest...13 and 14 are the smallest etc. plus they are not all the same width either and you are right about Spice H2O....so in the future if I sail Escape again I'll try a cabin on deck 12, which is nicely in the middle with a good balcony size, and see what happens.

Yeah I know (cruisedeckplans is my close friend)....the balconies do not progressively get smaller though as you go up it varies from deck to deck i.e. 9 and 12 are the largest...13 and 14 are the smallest etc. plus they are not all the same width either and you are right about Spice H2O....so in the future if I sail Escape again I'll try a cabin on deck 12, which is nicely in the middle with a good balcony size, and see what happens.

I know the size order and the differences in width. No matter what, anything higher than 9 will be less deep. ;p

As for 12, that's where I stay. In fact, those are some of my pictures on cruisedeckplans.

Hi All!

Looking to book our next cruise and I'm considering an aft balcony cabin on either Epic or Escape. Also kicking around booking the H6 category larger balcony aft cabin. I'm concerned about vibrations/noise with those cabins and I'm looking for feedback from fellow cruisers who may have booked those types of cabins previously. LOVE the idea of the aft cabins but want to know the practicality.

Thank you!

Just be advised, other than facing aft, H6 rooms on the Epic are completely different than those on the Escape.

Just be advised, other than facing aft, H6 rooms on the Epic are completely different than those on the Escape.

How are they different? And how do those round beds works? We did a Spa Haven suite previously on Escape and it did not have a round bed. The hot tub in the room was a nice idea but way too small for two people so not really considering that again. Thanks!

Had a non-Haven aft balcony on the Epic TA last November ... The beds are short! We only had 2 ports in 13 days so being woken early by the shuddering wasn't so much of an issue, but it was very noticeable - we were deck 12. As the balconies are "enclosed", our room seemed a lot darker than the ones we peeped into when walking along the corridors... But the views outweighed the cons, by far :-)

• 3 weeks later...

How much smaller is 13 from 12? We are looking at the Bliss for 2019 and my dw says she would prefer the starboard which is already gone on 12 but available on 13.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk