Celebrity Infinity Entertainment

kbmr

Can anyone who's sailed recently on the Infinity comment on the entertainment? What type of shows were offered? I'm sailing April 28th to the Panama Canal and am busting at the seams, can't wait!

We left the Infinity last Sunday. While the ship board entertainers come and go, when we departed the Infinity the party bands were D'Revelations and Ocean Band; for cruise ship bands we thought that both were very good. Dallas Louis (guitar) was in the Cafe al Bacio and other venues; we enjoyed Dallas' guitar sets and also enjoyed the light jazz sets when the Celebrity orchestra pianist joined him. A duo, called "Sea Duo," provided latin based guitar music with a vocalist. There were two DJ acts onboard -- one DJ with a percussionist and another DJ who was generally in the Constellation lounge during late evenings.

The production cast has been on board since mid November. Since we were on a B2B2B series we saw the production shows several times, and the first time we saw this cast's rendition of "Star Factory" I thought that one of the singers really struggled; we missed this show on the middle leg but on the final leg I thought that the audience response was rather flat. But we thought that they did a great job on "BoggieWonderland" on all three cruises.

The naturalist onboard was Milos Radavich, but if I remember correctly he told my husband that he would be leaving after the next 14 night cruise for a vacation before he re-boards the Infinity for its Alaska cruises.

On the Valparasio to Ft. Lauderdale cruise we had Dr. Dean onboard, who provided some interesting history regarding the ports of call. In addition to the "official" Panama Canal narrator during the canal crossing Dr. Dean was also on the bridge providing additional commentary.

We did not have a classical music trio/quartet.

Onboard now. Entertainment same as above post. Several solo artists have also performed. Last night magician Greg Gleason with close up card tricks, Singer / guitarist Zach Winningham, pianist Antonio Salci, singer Colleen Willaimson, electric violinist Doug Cameron, juggler Niels Duinker. Juggler wasn't very good. The others were fine. The Celebrity singers and dancers were not good in the Star Factory show. They were OK in iBroadway. Tonight is singer impressionist Katy Setterfield.

Onboard now. Entertainment same as above post. Several solo artists have also performed. Last night magician Greg Gleason with close up card tricks, Singer / guitarist Zach Winningham, pianist Antonio Salci, singer Colleen Willaimson, electric violinist Doug Cameron, juggler Niels Duinker. Juggler wasn't very good. The others were fine. The Celebrity singers and dancers were not good in the Star Factory show. They were OK in iBroadway. Tonight is singer impressionist Katy Setterfield.

We liked Katy but generally the individual performers were average. We liked the production cast from a UK company. We thought they were quite good in each of their performances. Agree with the poster that liked D'Revelation. Great band with wonderful female vocalist.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond. I'm a little disappointed that the production shows don't seem to be up to snuff with the "S" class ships, I'm not big on jugglers and would hope on a 17 nite cruise Celebrity could put forth a little more effort in providing top notch entertainment all in the spirit of providing a first class experience for their passengers. We've always found the small bands and DJ's to be really good, but sometimes after a great meal, you'd like to be treated to a great production show. My hubby doesn't take me out much, we're more the stay at home types, so needless to say we were hoping for something that would give us that ahaaaa moment. Back to reruns of Law & Order. See you on board. I'll be the one juggling the bowling pins by the pool and charging 8k for the entertainment.

• 3 years later...