All the Eclipse Cafe al Bacio menus -- photographed -- dec 2017

cruisestitch

Café Olé and Café Kingston are $9 and are included in the Classic Package. They were very good on our last march cruise on Eclipse.

Thanks for posting the menus,,,easy to read,!

We'll give the Kingston a try,,.

Would the Aspen be only a dollar upcharge? We really enjoy it...but Kingston also sounds nice,.

Thanks for posting the menus,,,easy to read,!

We'll give the Kingston a try,,.

Would the Aspen be only a dollar upcharge? We really enjoy it...but Kingston also sounds nice,.

From what I heard, the upcharge is only from the premium package to the next one up, whatever the name is. If you have a classic package, you pay the full cost of the drink if it is not included in the package. Anyone else has actual experience in this situation ?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Forums mobile app

From what I heard, the upcharge is only from the premium package to the next one up, whatever the name is. If you have a classic package, you pay the full cost of the drink if it is not included in the package. Anyone else has actual experience in this situation ?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Forums mobile app

There is no "next one up". The Premium package has a price ceiling of $13 for all alcoholic drinks and you pay the difference plus 18% gratuity for drinks priced above $13 - a $15 glass of wine with the Premium package would cost an additional $2.36.

They changed the Classic up-charge policy sometime in 2016 when they changed the Classic price ceiling to $9 for all alcoholic drinks. You now only pay the difference plus the associate 18% gratuity - a $12 martini will cost you an additional $3.54.

There is no "next one up". The Premium package has a price ceiling of $13 for all alcoholic drinks and you pay the difference plus 18% gratuity for drinks priced above $13 - a $15 glass of wine with the Premium package would cost an additional $2.36.

They changed the Classic up-charge policy sometime in 2016 when they changed the Classic price ceiling to $9 for all alcoholic drinks. You now only pay the difference plus the associate 18% gratuity - a $12 martini will cost you an additional $3.54.

Got it ! Thanks for the update. We have the classic package on the upcoming Baltic cruise June 17, so it's good to have the current rules. Is it still possible to upgrade to Premium for the last 4 days of the cruise, for one of the two people in the cabin ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I hope this can be done in a single post otherwise I will create a series2565f462c4ecea85df86c633082900e4.jpgeda79dc0bddf4b2f077644ac1174b195.jpgf6dfb949f7c861ba42632fb9b07670f6.jpg07aa1fce54467d09a17715d75dd165a2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks so much!! Very helpful.

As I understand I can get any drink $9 or below included. And pay the difference for a higher priced drink.

Gelato included??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

See comments in red.

As I understand I can get any drink $9 or below included. And pay the difference for a higher priced drink. Yes.

Gelato included?? No. However, if you are Elite or higher, you get one free scoop.

• 8 months later...
On 8/24/2018 at 4:10 PM, plagmah said:

As I understand I can get any drink $9 or below included. And pay the difference for a higher priced drink.

Gelato included??

You used to be able to get the Affogato with the classic package, which was espresso poured over gelato.  So you could get gelato included that way.  

• Like 1