Unlimited beverage package include bottled water for port stops?

Ox Fan Cruiser

No, bottled water is not included. We are bringing 2-3 water bottles per person to take to ports that we are not sure about the water. I use a mobility scooter, so the weight of the bottles is not an issue.

You cannot bring water onboard, which is why we will do the waterbottle thing.

Bring an empty sports bottle that you can fill on the ship so you will have water while in ports. No bringing of any water back on board and as previously posted the beverage package does not include bottled water nor specialty coffees for that matter.

No, bottled water is not included. We are bringing 2-3 water bottles per person to take to ports that we are not sure about the water. I use a mobility scooter, so the weight of the bottles is not an issue.

You cannot bring water onboard, which is why we will do the waterbottle thing.

I just checked the FAQ and they do not allow any drinks including bottled water on board. (other than for baby formula & CPAP machines).

A new bottled water thread AND a new tipping thread?....it must be Monday. ;)

Anyway, the UBP (Ultimate Beverage Package) Terms and Conditions.

"The Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $15 USD."

• 4 weeks later...
If you bring water bottles on board, which we usually do, is there any problem filling them? I know some places put signs up in the buffets saying no filling water bottles.
It's not no filling water bottles, it's no filling water bottles directly so you don't put your germs everywhere. Fill up the cup next to water dispenser, pour into your bottle, repeat until full. Easy peasy.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I just checked the FAQ and they do not allow any drinks including bottled water on board. (other than for baby formula & CPAP machines).

Do not carry water onboard for a CPAP machine. Contact the access desk 2 week’s in advance and a gallon of distilled water will be delivered to your cabin,,, for free.

A new bottled water thread AND a new tipping thread?....it must be Monday. ;)

Anyway, the UBP (Ultimate Beverage Package) Terms and Conditions.

"The Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $15 USD."

Any English majors here? How I am reading the wording will all commas, no drinks are included in the UBP.

Any English majors here? How I am reading the wording will all commas, no drinks are included in the UBP.

or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $15 USD."

"or" tells you the next group of items are related to the same same exception which is "$15 USD".

or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $15 USD."

"or" tells you the next group of items are related to the same same exception which is "$15 USD".

This makes it even more confusing. The wording makes it still sound like nothing is included.

It is saying that any spirits, cocktails, draft or bottle beer and glases of wine over $15 (operative words) are not included, thus any spirits, cocktails, draft or bottle beer and glasses of wine under $15 are included.

s

I know some places put signs up in the buffets saying no filling water bottles.

Yes. You should NEVER, EVER place a germ ridden water bottle up to a public water dispenser. You should always use clean cups or the faucet in your bathroom (water comes from the same place) to fill your bottle.

Yes. You should NEVER, EVER place a germ ridden water bottle up to a public water dispenser. You should always use clean cups or the faucet in your bathroom (water comes from the same place) to fill your bottle.

Actually the water does NOT come from the same place. Water exclusively used for direct consumption has additional filtering to make it taste better.

We just returned Sunday from a Panama Canal cruise on NCL Star. We bought some bottled water to drink in port at every port and generally did not drink all of it. We brought all of our extra bottled water back onboard in a backpack and/or tote bag (usually 1 or 2 unopened bottles and an opened one) at every port. I know the rules say you can't do that, and we were willing to toss it if required, but nobody batted an eye. Our bags passed through the X-ray, nothing was said, we picked them up and moved on. I don't know if this happens on other ships, but this was our experience on Star.

I have no objection to drinking ship water, but sometimes it's convenient to have water in a bottle. I especially like having a bottle with a lid on my nightstand, as I learned from experience that an open glass of water beside your bed isn't wise in rough water.

Judy

We just returned Sunday from a Panama Canal cruise on NCL Star. We bought some bottled water to drink in port at every port and generally did not drink all of it. We brought all of our extra bottled water back onboard in a backpack and/or tote bag (usually 1 or 2 unopened bottles and an opened one) at every port. I know the rules say you can't do that, and we were willing to toss it if required, but nobody batted an eye. Our bags passed through the X-ray, nothing was said, we picked them up and moved on. I don't know if this happens on other ships, but this was our experience on Star.

I have no objection to drinking ship water, but sometimes it's convenient to have water in a bottle. I especially like having a bottle with a lid on my nightstand, as I learned from experience that an open glass of water beside your bed isn't wise in rough water.

Judy

It's hit or miss. My friend and I use refillable bottles (I love the ones that keep water cold for a long time over bottled water) and when we got on board mine made it through fine and he was a couple people back and they made him dump his. The next port both of ours made it through but someone behind us had to get rid of theirs

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Question: is there any difference in the Ultimate Beverage Package and "Open Bar"?

I'm not sure how you define "Open Bar, so I don't if there's a difference. We had UBP as an amenity, but we had to pay the gratuities on it (about $14-15 per day per person I think) before the cruise at the time of final payment. That was our only cost, other than some cash tips to favorite bartenders/waiters.

On the UBP we simply ordered whatever drinks we wanted, gave the waiter/bartender our cards (which showed the UBP on them), and received our drinks. No charges were ever posted to our account as we never ordered anything over $15. We had wine by the glass, beer, saki, martinis, and all kinds of mixed drinks on the UBP.

Judy