Photo of new showers on Zaandam

AryMay

If neither the Rotterdam nor the Volendam had their Atrium art feature removed, then why would the Zaandam's be removed? Having very recently been aboard the Zaandam, I don't think that the organ reached the top of any deck where it might have been a structural support.

Pacific Eden, aka Statendam, had her Atrium sculpture removed by P&O Australia when she became one of their ships. To the best of my knowledge the "sky" did not and has not fallen in that part of the ship.

A rumor that is "fake news"?

All of the S&R class ships have the pole, and the sculptures extend all the way from the LowerPromenade Deck to the ceiling of the atrium on the Upper Promenade Deck. When the Statendam was retrofit for P&O Australia the Statendam's original sculpture was removed. The pole remains and is surrounded by some sort of a counter/desk internet station on lower promenade deck.

Here are links to pictures of the atrium with the support column:

https://goo.gl/images/7pRVCv

https://goo.gl/images/54LuXT

https://goo.gl/images/sZgmWc

I hope bathtubs are still available in a lot of oceanview cabins. Otherwise the Zaandam becomes less desirable for me. Updated tile is no advantage in my book.

I'll second that. The DW wants a tub for soaking. Does not like showers. But again, this is one of the topics that have an intensely loyal following on each side. But all said on the merits, safety, etc of one over the other, for us its a personal preference that has a direct influence on our decision about a ship/itinerary. And since its a vacation, personal preference triumphs.

Because of the lack of Tubs in lower class cabins on the K-Dam Class, we most likely not ever sale on one, unless we get a VERY good deal on a Signature or Above.

Thanks for this thread. For those currently sailing Zaandam have there been any changes to the cabin interiors, other than the aforementioned showers in certain OV categories. Did the carpeting and soft furnishings get a refresh in the cabins? If you can elaborate or show photos of the renewed public areas I know everyone would be most grateful. Thanks.

AtlantaCruiser72,

Thank you very much for your effort to find those photos that you posted. I never noticed that there was a direct connection with the top most deck above the art work.

I do hope that the Organ is still in place in the Atrium. Since the decor motif of the Zaandam is "music", I think it would be a shame for it to be removed by HAL. It's good to be in the Atrium area at the right time when it "performs".

Thanks for sharing. Hope you are having a great cruise. Do the rooms have the new interactive TVs or are they still the old tv and dvd combo?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh I want to know this as well. They are great!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh I want to know this as well. They are great!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Tv’s are still old ones with DVD players. Organ is still in atrium. Self serve laundries are GONE.

Having a great time in Costa Rica today. More when I am able.

Tv’s are still old ones with DVD players. Organ is still in atrium. Self serve laundries are GONE.

Thanks so much for the update. Enjoy the rest of your cruise. :)

AryMay --

What's the library situation on Zaandam?

When we got off April 2, just prior to drydock, all shelves had been cleared of books overnight just before disembarkation morning. Unsure whether it was the end of the library, or just clearing the area for some renovations.

Thanks

Roger & Karen

What are you doing in Costa Rica - we are heading back there again for several stops and have run through most of the options on past visits. Anything special you enjoyed that we should consider?

What are you doing in Costa Rica - we are heading back there again for several stops and have run through most of the options on past visits. Anything special you enjoyed that we should consider?

We did a fabulous all day tour with Gio Tours. Saw lots of monkeys (including howler monkeys), crocodiles, many birds, and had a delicious lunch. Our guide, Jesus, was one of the best we have ever had.

AryMay --

What's the library situation on Zaandam?

When we got off April 2, just prior to drydock, all shelves had been cleared of books overnight just before disembarkation morning. Unsure whether it was the end of the library, or just clearing the area for some renovations.

Thanks

Roger & Karen

Books are all back on the shelves and it is a very popular place.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
We did a fabulous all day tour with Gio Tours. Saw lots of monkeys (including howler monkeys), crocodiles, many birds, and had a delicious lunch. Our guide, Jesus, was one of the best we have ever had.

I’ve had the pleasure of having Jesus as a tour guide from Gio as well. He’s absolutely terrific.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good photo. That will make it easy for me. I have cabin 2558 J booked,which is a room for ppl with disabilities.

Thank you for posting.😊🇨🇦

Only some cabins had the newer showers so I'm not sure what the shower will be like in your cabin. According to the notice we got prior to our cruise here are the cabins that had the new showers...all were ocean view cabins:

Lower Promenade Deck: D3331 - D3370

Main Deck: C2564 - C2647

I did check the Zaandam deck plans and I don't think 2558 is a handicapped cabin although it is next to one (#2554). You might want to check on this if you need a room for someone with disabilities.