Carnival Elation?

amoody914

Hi! We're looking at doing a cruise after the holidays while our kids are still out on break. Found a few on the Elation and was wondering what everyone thought of it? The good, the bad, the ugly lol :) Just got off the Paradise 2 weeks ago and I've heard the Elation is VERY similar. It also stops in Half Moon Cay, where we haven't been to yet...so reviews on that would be fabulous!

If you liked the Paradise, you’ll be just fine on the Elation. We went on the Elation in Oct, about 2 weeks after she received all her upgrades. If we had left our kids at home, the cruise would have been wonderful! Loved all the upgrades and only missed not having the seaside theatre.

HMC is absolutely my favorite port that I’ve been to so far. Gorgeous beaches! Very relaxing.

Now that i think about it, was Ecstasy with the blue bathroom floors and the oldest.

Elation I liked the decor more. Buffet area is pretty.

Ive hardly had a bad cruise, decor doesnt bother me much. Things that might are like last december had a unusually cold week, didnt know it got that cold down there.

No complaints about Carnival, they cant control the weather.

Hi! We're looking at doing a cruise after the holidays while our kids are still out on break. Found a few on the Elation and was wondering what everyone thought of it? The good, the bad, the ugly lol :) Just got off the Paradise 2 weeks ago and I've heard the Elation is VERY similar. It also stops in Half Moon Cay, where we haven't been to yet...so reviews on that would be fabulous!

The Elation has been upgraded with all of the 2.0 things. Guys/Blue IG food bars and the RF rum bar/Blue IG Teq bar etc... Water Slides, etc. as well.

It is also one of the first cruise ships to have the "Azipod propulsion". If you have sailed on other Fantasy Class ships, you will notice a distinct reduction in vibrations and noise on the Elation. It is 20 years years old. We sailed on it in April, and with the updates to the cabins etc.... you wouldn't know it.

HMC is the best!! Don't miss it!

We enjoyed the Elation and actually prefer the smaller, older ships in the fleet.

HMC is a great beach day. The white sand is soft like baby powder. If you carry off some bread or crackers to feed the fish they will eat out of your hand when you wade out.

BBQ was nice, and there were places with tables to eat and to get out of the sun. You could go on a long beach walk and I believe there are some trails to walk around the interior, but we did not try them.

We love the Elation and sailed her twice-most recently last May after the upgrades. Nice cabin, beautiful dining room, great to have Guy's and the taco place by the pool. HMC is my favorite place-beautiful soft white sand beach. You'll have a great time.

I sailed last May (2017) and LOVED her. I am sailing again the first week of May this year. If there is anything specific you want pictures of let me know and I will try to get them when we board. Looking forward to the dry dock upgrades! Half Moon Cay is like heaven on earth. If you enjoy a beach day, this is an island you do NOT want to miss.

I am one of those that prefer the smaller ships as well and will be sailing on Elation for the first time next Saturday. Doing research on the ship I find that Cruise Critic actually has an extensive collection of pictures of her, including 360 views, that appear to have been taken after her latest dry dock. Everything looks incredible! You can find them here: https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/carnival-elation-5/