New NCL Promo: Tax-Free Spree

kismet618

Looks like Government Taxes and Port Expenses and Fees are covered for Balconies and Above for select sailings. Our Dawn cruise out of San Juan in 2018 isn't included, but after a mock reservation, it looks to be available. Is that just a glitch due to the new roll out of the promo? Do those "glitches" typically happen on new promos? Waiting to call my TA to see if we could take advantage of this...Could save about $350.

Suggest you all check this out fast as it is only for certain cruises and ends on May 8th. This savings is in addition to any other promos your category is eligible for. When they ran this last time I was able to call and change my Escape cruise to a different date (same cabin cost) to pick this up which saved us over $300.

I called this morning and saved almost $400 on our April 2018 sailing. I had also checked when they ran this promotion back in April but at that time the rates were higher so there was no savings. I did a mock booking this time and saw a savings so I called.

Although it is being offered on the my Jan cruise out of NYC, it produced no savings on a mock booking. They raised the price of the cabin enough to make the bottom line the same with in a few dollars. This is similar to what RCCL does all the time. Not a true sale at all unfortunately.:(

Although it is being offered on the my Jan cruise out of NYC, it produced no savings on a mock booking. They raised the price of the cabin enough to make the bottom line the same with in a few dollars. This is similar to what RCCL does all the time. Not a true sale at all unfortunately.:(
Exactly........my balcony on Breakaway was a decent price so I booked it a few months ago. Got all the bonuses etc....but now I see the "free tax" thing and what do you know.........our balcony price jumped up several hundred dollars the same day they offered that. No point in us calling to get that bonus.

• 11 months later...
You are responding to a thread from May 2017. Back in May 2017, it lasted for a very short period. Expect the current April 2018 promo to end very soon.

According to the NCL website it ends on April 30, 2018.

oh boy do I agree. If it is too good to be true, most likely it is not.

Pricing has become a game and only Disney doesn't play it the same way. They give good prices on initial releases and then most likely very small fluctuations after that.

If my cruise goes down after the tax free, and winds up cheaper, then I'll just rebook. Nothing to lose, but I have the cabin and the cruise that I want. I have 2 years to check fares.

If the cruise rate goes down after the tax free rate I would assume the taxes etc. would be added back in ? So there fore probably would not be much..if any decrease?

I was able to upgrade from an interior cabin (1 perk only) to a Balcony (2 perks) for $217 per person on my upcoming Epic cruise due to no taxes and fees. It's also part of a distinctive voyage so I feel like I got a good rate. Plus since I booked with TA I also get additional OBC. It doesn't hurt to shop around and see your numbers with this promotion.

This is a great opportunity to book the still being built Encore at a decent prices and without port fees. We were so surprised that this ship was included in the tax free sale. She will be sailing from Miami in late 2019 to the Eastern ports.

We are happily booked and looking forward to comparing what they do with the Encore versus the Bliss:cool: