Snorkeling Western Caribbean (please rate)

dizzy1975

My family and I are going to the western Caribbean in November 2018. Most of the upcoming ports are new to us. Please rate the top 3 stops for snorkeling. We don't have firm plans for any of our stops but will be taking our own snorkeling gear so would like to go in at least 3 of the ports.

Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas

Falmouth, Jamaica

Georgetown, Grand Cayman

Harvest Caye, Belize

Roatan, Honduras

Costa Maya, Mexico

Cozumel, Mexico

My family and I are going to the western Caribbean in November 2018. Most of the upcoming ports are new to us. Please rate the top 3 stops for snorkeling. We don't have firm plans for any of our stops but will be taking our own snorkeling gear so would like to go in at least 3 of the ports.

Falmouth, Jamaica

Georgetown, Grand Cayman

Harvest Caye, Belize

Roatan, Honduras

Costa Maya, Mexico

Cozumel, Mexico

Either Belize or Roatan would be our choices. (y)

• 1 month later...

Roatan Honduras had fantastic snorkeling right at the beach within walking distance when you get off the ship. We saw so many things I had never seen before. There were 8 of us and all were extremely impressed. Just went in right off the shore or there is a walkway you can walk onto and get in the water at the end where it is already a little bit deeper. We snorkeled almost all morning then went back in to shore and had jerk chicken off a vendor at the beach....fabulous meal! Someone else had fresh coconut they drill for a fresh coconut drink. We did find that in the afternoon the water was merkier so it wasn't as clear as the morning so I would recommend going early. Have been snorkeling many times with guides but I will have to say this might have been my favorite beach/food/snorkeling experience in all the cruises I've gone on! You don't have to pay for anything...just the food which was very reasonably price. We did have our own snorkel gear. I can't remember if you can rent any there. I think you can.

I’ve been to Georgetown, Roatan, Costa Maya, and Cozumel.

#1 Roatan, especially West Bay. Great shore snorkeling and facilities.

#2 Grand Cayman if you want to do the stingray encounter.

#3 Cozumel, lots of snorkeling options on the leeward west side. Look at Chankanaab park.

#4 Costa Maya very rough surf near the port. I think you can take tours to more favorable spots.

• 2 weeks later...

Falmouth, Jamaica

Georgetown, Grand Cayman

Harvest Caye, Belize

Roatan, Honduras

Costa Maya, Mexico

Cozumel, Mexico

I've snorkeled in most all, multiple times.

1. Roatan

2. Belize

3. Grand Caymen

I know you asked for top three but if you wanted five I would add:

4. Cozumel (only if you go over to Playa del Carmen and do Cenotes and Akumal Bay)

5. Costa Maya