Just off the Elation!!

bmwdod02

We just disembarked from the Elation this morning and I have to say we were much more impressed with the upgrades than we thought we would be! After sailing the Magic last September I was expecting to be disappointed going back to a fantasy class, but I was so wrong! A couple things were missing due to the lack of space, but we really enjoyed the smaller ship. I don't want to write a full review now but I am happy to answer any questions people may have! Btw our ports were Half Moon and Nassau and we booked Atlantis directly through the resort so if anyone has questions on that experience feel free to ask!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Forums mobile app

Does the Elation have Guy's and Blue Iguana? My home port of Long Beach has the Inspiration and Imagination. I love the addition of Guy's and the BI and am very glad to have these two ships here in town.
Yes it does! Also has the red from rum bar and blue iguana bar on Lido

Does the ship have a Punchliners Comedy Club? If so, did you go to it? Was it good?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes it does, it is in the Cole Porter lounge which is in the very back of the ship on deck 9. Very spacious area. The 2 comics on our cruise were pretty funny in their adult shows, but the PG shows were just ok. The comedy shows are my favorite part of cruising.

We just disembarked from the Elation this morning and I have to say we were much more impressed with the upgrades than we thought we would be! After sailing the Magic last September I was expecting to be disappointed going back to a fantasy class, but I was so wrong! A couple things were missing due to the lack of space, but we really enjoyed the smaller ship. I don't want to write a full review now but I am happy to answer any questions people may have! Btw our ports were Half Moon and Nassau and we booked Atlantis directly through the resort so if anyone has questions on that experience feel free to ask!

I'm so glad you had a great time! Tell me about Atlantis. Any tips?

I'm so glad you had a great time! Tell me about Atlantis. Any tips?
Atlantis was amazing! We booked directly through Atlantis in advance which saved a couple hundred dollars, worked out for us but can be risky. Don't bring your ship towels as you can use theirs. Make sure you bring cash or a credit card for lunch. The 5 of us ate for $70 including sodas which was a lot more reasonable than we expected. I'm not sure what else to say, get there as early as possible and ride every slide! Admission includes the aquarium which is neat.

Atlantis was amazing! We booked directly through Atlantis in advance which saved a couple hundred dollars, worked out for us but can be risky. Don't bring your ship towels as you can use theirs. Make sure you bring cash or a credit card for lunch. The 5 of us ate for $70 including sodas which was a lot more reasonable than we expected. I'm not sure what else to say, get there as early as possible and ride every slide! Admission includes the aquarium which is neat.

That was all helpful! Thank you!

You boarded the ship after we disembarked our St Patrick Day Cruise. We too were impressed with the upgrades. I like the Fantasy Class ships. In fact the only 2 ships we have not been on is the Fantasy and Imagination.

The Elation looked very good. We had a balcony cabin and the interior looked brand new. My guess is that it was since they had to add the balcony. Guys and Blue were great additions. Since we were on a Spring Break cruise the lines were longer. I do have to admit that the kids/teenagers were well mannered. We plan not to do another Spring Break cruise, but we got a great deal on the Balcony cabin, so we made it a quick getaway cruise.

How was the water works area? I hope that area was upgraded because we are taking our two 13 year old grand children in June and they'll spend alot of time there. Thank you!
Our kids 12, 10, and 9 loved the water park. It received the upgrade as well with the big twister water slide and a couple other smaller slides as well.

Glad that you enjoyed your cruise, we did the Elation in December after the upgrades-a little too cool for us to do the water slides, but we are booked again for May on one of her 7 day adventures, and are really looking forward to being back on her again.

the fantasy class is still the "class" for us, smaller ship, gives Dh the ability to get around.

we did elation just before the refit and then just after in dec last year

we miss the Mongolian wok big time but I suppose the variety of the taco bar kind of makes up for it

the burger joint is almost a zero sum game except the burgers are indeed MORE TASTY!

so elation will firmly replace the fascianation now in jax while for the short time last year is was kind of a drawback but now up to speed and with the balcony cabins added they're virtually the same

tell you one thing we noticed on both elation cruises - much as with fascination the crew seemed really happy to be there!

:cool:

We were in the vista suite on Deck 14 last week and I would not book that again. The elevators and the people always walking above the room were a problem. Only two elevators went to deck 14 and when you hit the button, any of the four would open, but only two would take you up to 14, the others stopped at 10. We waited on elevators all week.

Did you have to take an elevator for embarkation or disembarking? (I prefer stairs, do not like elevators.) Was this a rocky ride? Sometimes I’ve heard this ship can really be rocky. Thanks!
There wasn't an elevator required either way for us. I think the ride depends more on the seas than the ship. This cruise was very smooth. Usually at least once on a trip I sway in the hallways, but not on this trip. We were on the much larger Magic last September and it rocked us really good.