Escape Deck 15, Midship Balcony - was it particularly noisy for you?

Gaston123

On Thursday this week I booked the May 13th sailing of the Escape to Bermuda. I booked GTY BX and was quickly assigned 15796 which is BA. At first I was thrilled to be up high and mid ship but then I realized I’m directly below a sun deck next to the pool deck bar and not far from the family slide.

I have a feeling this was quickly assigned because it is an undesirable room due to noise and I’m interested in hearing if you have experience in this room or others on deck 15. I haven’t seen a lot of posts here on the topic - just one or two that mentioned movement of deck chairs in the early morning.

We are early risers so this shouldn’t be a big problem but I’m also wondering if there is music and voices all day long from the pool/family area.

I’m very excited about the trip and I’m sure it will be great. If I can go in prepared with any information you have about these rooms I’d be very appreciative - thanks in advance!

Well I’m taking it as a good sign that there don’t seem to be a lot of (any?) strong negative opinions on deck 15 rooms on Escape related to noise from pool deck 16 directly above.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you might have if you’ve stayed in this area!

Is it surprising to be assigned a BA category room immediately upon booking a guarantee BX room? I was surprised because I understand this is the top (most desirable) category in this group.

You will like hear scraping noises from the crew moving chairs/loungers around and you will hear anyone running above you. I don't remember ever hearing voices. We've found those noises to be mildly annoying but not a huge deal. We've since made a point to book cabins on that deck only if they're forward, under the spa.

On Thursday this week I booked the May 13th sailing of the Escape to Bermuda. I booked GTY BX and was quickly assigned 15796 which is BA. At first I was thrilled to be up high and mid ship but then I realized I’m directly below a sun deck next to the pool deck bar and not far from the family slide.

I have a feeling this was quickly assigned because it is an undesirable room due to noise and I’m interested in hearing if you have experience in this room or others on deck 15. I haven’t seen a lot of posts here on the topic - just one or two that mentioned movement of deck chairs in the early morning.

We are early risers so this shouldn’t be a big problem but I’m also wondering if there is music and voices all day long from the pool/family area.

I’m very excited about the trip and I’m sure it will be great. If I can go in prepared with any information you have about these rooms I’d be very appreciative - thanks in advance!

We were on deck 15 under sun deck and i like to sleep in not a problem only one time in week did we hear any chairs moving

We were just on the Escape for it's last 7 day western caribbean and had a spa mini-suite on 15. We did hear noise but nothing too bad. You hear people running above, chairs being moved around and when they wash the deck, but honestly, it never kept us awake. We are always so busy during the day and tired at night we sleep pretty good on the ship, even with the noise. I would only be worried if I had kids that were taking naps and were light sleepers. Even with the noise we heard we loved the location. One deck up to the spa, pool and garden buffet.