Cancelled Shore Excursion

kdegenaro

I am sailing to Alaska in May, and was really excited about the Tracy Arm Explorer excursion and booked it right when it became available. About three weeks ago I had the excursion canceled on me by celebrity due to an "Improper Booking Code" The email provided the correct booking code and instructed me to call celebrity to have the excursion rebooked. I called Celebrity's customer service line and no one can find the excursion, and I was instructed to email shorex. After emailing shorex they responded that they would have to reach out to the itinerary department and would keep me updated. This was about 2.5 weeks ago. I have since tried to email back for updates but they simply respond that they are still awaiting a response. I even reached out to the vendor of the excursion and they responded that they have it on their books for the my sailing and ship but I cannot book directly through them.

Is there someone else that I can reach out to for a response? I feel like its crazy that it would take celebrity 3 weeks to repost an excursion, especially since they already provided me with the updated excursion code to rebook. Has anyone has similar experiences or had excursion come available once they are boarded on the ship?

In the shorex brochure is a 5 Hr excursion Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer starts at 8am, code TA01

here you can see the brochure https://webapps.celebritycruises.com/excursion-brochure/celebrity/

or in your cruise planner

Thank you for sharing the brochure, that is indeed the code in the email i received to rebook. But that excursion is unavailable for my sailing May 11th and no celebrity rep I speak to can find it to book it for me either.

Thank you for sharing the brochure, that is indeed the code in the email i received to rebook. But that excursion is unavailable for my sailing May 11th and no celebrity rep I speak to can find it to book it for me either.

If the shorex is not in the cruise planner, you will have to wait for the boarding and go to the excursion desk.

I am on the May 11th sailing and experienced the same ☹️

It seems that the vendor is not offering it on our sailing as there will be too much ice (one of our roll call members went to them directly as they were tired of getting non-answers from Celebrity).

I too was very much looking forward to the excursion and agree that Celebrity’s communication around the cancellation has been abysmal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ATLSwissyMom

I got this from my TA last night: "Due to anticipated ice flows in Tracy Arm, if you booked or intended on booking the "Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer" shore excursion, it will no longer be offered on this sailing. As a result, your itinerary has been amended to remove the service call to Tracy Arm." I'm not even on a Celebrity sailing for this trip so it must be affecting all cruises.

I got this from my TA last night: "Due to anticipated ice flows in Tracy Arm, if you booked or intended on booking the "Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer" shore excursion, it will no longer be offered on this sailing. As a result, your itinerary has been amended to remove the service call to Tracy Arm." I'm not even on a Celebrity sailing for this trip so it must be affecting all cruises.

I actually emailed the vendor again, and they essentially confirmed that they are not offering it and had mistakingly said they were in the previous email. Still nothing from celebrity though, which I think is kind of bizarre.

I actually emailed the vendor again, and they essentially confirmed that they are not offering it and had mistakingly said they were in the previous email. Still nothing from celebrity though, which I think is kind of bizarre.

Now you have the info, direct from the vendor, you can plan or schedule something else.

Maybe X is trying to get it replaced?

Have you visited the Alaska board here on CC to find out if there are other things to do in lieu?

bon voyage

Now you have the info, direct from the vendor, you can plan or schedule something else.

Maybe X is trying to get it replaced?

Have you visited the Alaska board here on CC to find out if there are other things to do in lieu?

bon voyage

Yes I have done quite a bit of research, I just heard how amazing that excursion was. I am now looking into doing something at Mendenhall glacier maybe a kayak or trek.