Atlantis beach day..

layteacher

So i finally decided to go through Carnival and do the Atlantis Beach day. I have always wanted to see the Atlantis Hotel but have no desire to do the waterpark. We do love a beach day. Does anyone have pictures ( or know where i can find some ) of the Atlantis Beach we will be able to use through the Carnival Excursion? We also want to check out the hotel and the Dig. I think we should be able to do this with our beach excursion. Did i read somewhere that it is a long walk? I am assuming Carnival will take us there and pick us up? Any help is appreciated.. First trip!!

Because you will have to meet up with your group at a specific time, stand and wait with a group, then go to a bus with that group, then get off with that group, then have to leave with that group, etc. etc. It's annoying. Atlantis is pretty darn easy to just do on your own. Leave 1.5 - 2 hours before ship departure and you really don't need to worry as it's VERY close. Taxi's are plentiful and simple. Just walk out of the port and you'll be offered a cab by no less than 300 drivers. When you walk back out of the front door at Atlantis, same....

You can certainly pay the extra $30 if you want and go through Carnival.

I would say, however, if all you are looking for is a beach day, there are better options like the private islands. Blue Lagoon and Pearl.

. Taxi's are plentiful and simple. Just walk out of the port and you'll be offered a cab by no less than 300 drivers. When you walk back out of the front door at Atlantis, same....

Any advice on the cabs? What is the cost? Do they barter or is it a set price per person? Will they fill up a van or one cab will take us? I am a little nervous since it is just my son and I - just want to make sure I am being smart. Thanks!

Any advice on the cabs? What is the cost? Do they barter or is it a set price per person? Will they fill up a van or one cab will take us? I am a little nervous since it is just my son and I - just want to make sure I am being smart. Thanks!

Its $4 or &5 pp, they fill up minivans so it’s quick, you can see the resort from the ship. We did aqua adventure through the ship once (it was actually cheaper), didn’t like having to wait after we disembarked the ship to get transportation to Atlantis with the masses, we prefer to do it on our own.

that makes good sense Blue Ribbon Cruiser. I hate waiting for other people. I am so impatient to get going. I really want to see Atlantis. Never been so that is why doing their beach.

My husband gets very anxious in different places and hates the unknown, that is why he wants to go through Carnival.. So how much time would you say you waste going through Carnival? We will only be there from 8-5 that day.

that makes good sense Blue Ribbon Cruiser. I hate waiting for other people. I am so impatient to get going. I really want to see Atlantis. Never been so that is why doing their beach.

My husband gets very anxious in different places and hates the unknown, that is why he wants to go through Carnival.. So how much time would you say you waste going through Carnival? We will only be there from 8-5 that day.

I'm the exact same way as your husband. It's OK to go through Carnival on your first visit. Get your bearings, and if you return some day, you can do it on your own. But after doing excursions where a cab would have been easier, and traveling to Nassau quite a bit (flying over) I've become much more open to my own transportation and doing less cruise excursions.

But overall it's quite simple. You can buy your Atlantis day pass right on their website, so you are all set with that. Then just hop in a cab and say "Atlantis". You couldn't miss the cabs at the port if you tried. When you are ready to leave, walk outside of Atlantis and the hotel employee will grab a cab out of the line... Tell them cruise port. Easy as can be. I've been to Nassau many times. Getting around is easy.

Note that US dollars are 1:1 interchangeable with Bahamian currency. So have money for a cab in USD. Even locals will pay a bill with a mix of usd and Bahamian.

The worst part of an excursion like this is being on their time. Cab would be better.

If you are due back to the ship by 5pm (4:30 all-aboard), you should leave Atlantis by 3:45pm. The bridge going back to the ship starts backing up around 4pm, and it can take the better part of an hour to get back to port. Then you have to get thru security and be on board by 4:30pm.

Using the cruise ships pass guarantees you won't miss the ship.

The cabs are painless in Nassau. I've used them many times. Especially since you are going places where cabs are already waiting, no calling a cab.

I could be wrong, but booking through the cruise lines does not guarantee you back to the ship, it just guarantees you will get to the next port or wherever at no extra charge. But the cruise line is unlikely to depart with a tour bus full of excursion passengers missing vs 1 or 2 people on their own.

I would head back around 3pm.

One more question... if i book on line through Atlantis and cancel my carnival beach day excursion will i be able to cancel if something happens? what if we are re-routed due to a storm and do not port in Nassau? Would I be able to call them on the ship to cancel without it costing me a fortune?

One more question... if i book on line through Atlantis and cancel my carnival beach day excursion will i be able to cancel if something happens? what if we are re-routed due to a storm and do not port in Nassau? Would I be able to call them on the ship to cancel without it costing me a fortune?

I have no idea about this one. Just send an email to Atlantis and ask.

FYI.. You have to cancel 24 hours in advance by calling. I would say making a call on the ship would not be cheap. hmmm

When I booked day passes at RIU on our last cruise, I waited until right before our cruise, so I could see the weather forecast.