Shanghai Cruise Port Terminal Baoshan

scungileen

Hi,

I am arriving on October 27th into Shanghai Baoshan cruise terminal for the end of my Celebrity Millennium cruise. We dock at 7:00 a.m. My flight is at 3:45, which means I should get to the airport by 1:30. Can anyone recommend a service where we can go to the airport (there are five of us with luggage) but see some of Shanghai on the way to the airport. If we get off the boat early enough, we technically have around 4 hours if we are off the boat by 8:00 a.m. I know that in the cruise terminals of most caribbean islands and some of Europe the taxis wait there to give people mini tours. Does anyone know if that is even a possibility and then we could have that person take us to the airport straight after? Thank you.

Hi,

I am arriving on October 27th into Shanghai Baoshan cruise terminal for the end of my Celebrity Millennium cruise. We dock at 7:00 a.m. My flight is at 3:45, which means I should get to the airport by 1:30. Can anyone recommend a service where we can go to the airport (there are five of us with luggage) but see some of Shanghai on the way to the airport. If we get off the boat early enough, we technically have around 4 hours if we are off the boat by 8:00 a.m. I know that in the cruise terminals of most caribbean islands and some of Europe the taxis wait there to give people mini tours. Does anyone know if that is even a possibility and then we could have that person take us to the airport straight after? Thank you.

Hi there, we are in Shanghai on the 23rd August and wanted to do the same thing the following morning, day of the cruise.

Mr Orange transfers was recommended from some on our Rollcall.

He organised a pick up, a couple of hours sight seeing then onto the Wusongkou port.

We have now decided not to do the sightseeing bit as others are joining us for the transfer. So far they have been great to deal with.

So in answer to your question, yes it can be done, you just need to email a tour company with your itinerary.

Mr Oranger charges by the van and not per person which would be good for your party of 5.

If you want to do that, you'll need to arrange it with a local tour company before hand.

Either way you should plan how you will leave the terminal in advance. You can do it via shuttle and train, or taxi if you want, but if you take a taxi you should have the translated instructions first. Do not expect a tour if done on the spot as the driver will not speak English, and it will not be a tourist type service but a traditional taxi. Taxis will all be small cars as well, not vans.

It will also be a bit of a madhouse on the spot - another reason you should have things planned beforehand.

90 minutes is plenty of time for an international departure from PVG. Traffic can be atrocious so a taxi tour wouldn't be my first choice of course without a place to store your luggage you don't have another choice. Does the cruise line have one of those airport transfers with a couple of hours stopover on the Bund for example?

There are taxis waiting at Baoshan. However, there are no larger taxis. Just regular cars for 2, max. 3 passengers and hardly any room for luggage.

Shanghai is about an hour away from Baoshan and to get to the airport from the city is also about an hour.

We have arrived at Baoshan twice. Twice we did not get into Baoshan before 2 pm (fog, wind) and then it took hours to get off the ship. We disembarked at around 5 pm.

Personally I think your plans, even if you dock in time, is very optimistic.

Hi,

We're on the same cruise and wanted to do something similar. In the end, we booked the ship's city tour / transfer. They do say your flight has to be after 4:30 so that may be an issue for you, May be worth a call to Celebrity if you are interested.

Thank you all for your input. Our flight is after 4:30 p.m. We were able to book with Jennyshtours.com. She was very knowledgeable about the times to get in and out of the cruise terminal and how much time we need to allot to get to the airport. She said we have enough time for a 3 to 3.5 hour tour and we stop the tour any time we feel it is getting too close for comfort with the return flight. Truthfully, she is only a little more than a transfer to the airport, so it was a no brainer.