Sting Ray Tours in Grand Cayman Islands

2travelers

Hi - We will be on the Disney Magic January 20. We are traveling with my three grandchildren ages 4, 6, and 7. I really wanted to book the tour for Sting Ray City on my own but I am reading that they recommend this tour for 10 and over. Now I see a tour company with pricing for under 12 and over 13. So, which is it? I think this would really be fun for the kids. They say that the water is only 3'deep. On the other hand, safety first!

Ronnie

They may be scared we did it and had a blast but there are a lot of them swimming around and rub against you. Don’t know if the kids are tall enough to stand in the water and have their heads above the water. They tell you to drag your feet so you don’t step on them

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

We did Stingray City on our own when my kids were 10 and 7. The water is definitely deeper than 3 feet. I'm 5'5" and was on my tippy toes, floating sometimes with the waves. We were holding our 7 year old who LOVED it! He was very excited to feed and pet the stingrays. My 10 year old freaked out and got back on the boat almost immediately. She also got seasick sitting there :/

FWIW, we used Stingray Sailing. It was a nice, relaxing day. We stopped at Starfish Point which the kids absolutely enjoyed. If you have enough adults, they can also enjoy the stingrays.

They would like the turtle farm and it’s very educational

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hubby and I did the turtle farm and had a grand time. You can see turtles of all different sizes. You can even touch them. I would highly recommend this as a place to take your kiddos. Great food and a wonderful large pool area that is a great way to spend your day.

• 4 weeks later...