child car seats

jam4245

We are traveling on Disney Wonder Alaska inside passage - will we need to bring our car seats for our 1 and 3 year old sons for use on any land excursions. Will Disney airport shuttle allow us on with car seats? What about taxi , train, shuttle etc. while on cruise? Really don't want to shlep them if not needed.

The bus that is used for airport to cruise terminal transportation will not fit your car seat correctly. Thus, car seats are not used on these buses. Another point--you do not pay for a seat for a child under 3. IF there is an empty seat on the bus, you will be allowed to use it as a courtesy, but sometimes the bus has every seat filled (yes, I've seen it on DCL buses). The DCL bus will happily put your car seat under the bus with the lugage. Some taxi will have car seats--I don't know if they are required or not in Alaska or where you will be taking a taxi. Train? The Skagway train or public transportation light rail? I guess it doesn't matter as you are not required to have a car seat on either, and once again, I question whether the car seat can be properly installed on these vehicles.

You have a two fold problem. First is that public conveyances are not made to install the car seat correctly. When not correctly installed, it may or may not be more safe than not having the car seat. If your question is a legal one, car seats are not required on these vehicles.

Bottom line--unless you are using a private car service/limo transportation, you won't need your car seats. If you are using such a service, you need to clear with the service whether they will provide clean, appropriate size car seats or whether you need to bring your own.