Shanghai International Cruise Terminal

debut

Correct! The cruise Terminal is in Baoshan. Takes about 45 minutes to 1 hour to get there by taxi.

Of course I meant to get to the airport...

BTW: Taxis accept cash only. If I remember correctly it was a little over 200 RMB to Pudong Airport.

Be sure you know which terminal your flight leaves from to tell the driver.

And please plan in some time for disembarkation. It does take some time at Baoshan Port.

The two times our cruises enden in Baoshan, we got into port late due to fog and wind. Instead of 7am it was 2pm. And then it took until 4pm before we could leave the ship.

Thanks everyone. Good to know we need RMB. Is China like Japan with few places that use credit cards? Haven't been to China yet

Have used cards both in China and Japan with no issues. However public transportation (bus/taxi) needs cash and only RMB. Maybe some small businesses need cash.

Would say they're pretty similar in their acceptance.

I didn't have much trouble using credit cards, but that's from tourist friendly businesses e.g. shops, restaurants. Places I didn't expect to use them e.g. street stalls, vendors, public transport didn't accept them.

Thanks everyone. Good to know we need RMB. Is China like Japan with few places that use credit cards? Haven't been to China yet

We've been to China several times both via cruise ship and land trips. I have no problem of course giving my credit card when checking into a hotel.....Everywhere else I use RMB (Yuan)...just a personal choice for us.