Just off the Elation!!

bmwdod02

If you book directly through Atlantis what is the transport like to get there? Do they provide it?
No, we took a taxi from the port. $4 a person. They drop you off right at the ticket booth at Atlantis where you get your wristbands. We took a taxi back from the main resort entrance. It was $5 a person.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Forums mobile app

Sweet! We sail the same ship and route next week!

How was Half Moon Cay? Did you get a cabana?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Half Moon is amazing! Prettiest water we have ever seen. We didn't get a Cabana, just chairs. Food is provided at no charge and you can get towels once you get ashore!

How was the food in the MDR and buffet?

Any experience with kid clubs?

We weren't overly impressed with the food or service in the MDR, although I know the service is more luck of the draw. The prime rib was good. I don't think I've ever had a bad flat iron steak on a Carnival ship. Everything else was just ok. One thing to note, the Lobster on the smaller ships is no longer free. It is on the Steakhouse selections menu, but no longer offered for free on elegant night. I didn't eat from the Lido buffet at all, couldn't stay away from Guy's burgers..[emoji847]

We weren't overly impressed with the food or service in the MDR, although I know the service is more luck of the draw. The prime rib was good. I don't think I've ever had a bad flat iron steak on a Carnival ship. Everything else was just ok. One thing to note, the Lobster on the smaller ships is no longer free. It is on the Steakhouse selections menu, but no longer offered for free on elegant night. I didn't eat from the Lido buffet at all, couldn't stay away from Guy's burgers..[emoji847]

Oh, no. I am so sorry to hear about the food. Is the quality similiar to what you find at a chain restaurant.

Oh, no. I am so sorry to hear about the food. Is the quality similiar to what you find at a chain restaurant.
Maybe quality isn't the correct term, it was the execution that was lacking. For example, the tiger shrimp creole was very bland. You couldn't tell it was creole at all. We still enjoyed the MDR and ate in there most nights, but it wasn't as good as past cruises.

Atlantis was amazing! We booked directly through Atlantis in advance which saved a couple hundred dollars, worked out for us but can be risky. Don't bring your ship towels as you can use theirs. Make sure you bring cash or a credit card for lunch. The 5 of us ate for $70 including sodas which was a lot more reasonable than we expected. I'm not sure what else to say, get there as early as possible and ride every slide! Admission includes the aquarium which is neat.

Would you mind telling us how much was Atlantis per person, and how do you recommend getting there?

Would you mind telling us how much was Atlantis per person, and how do you recommend getting there?
We paid $565 total. $149 per for two adults and $89 per for 3 kids. Their prices fluctuate though. I looked today and it would be almost $100 more if we went today.

We took a taxi there and back $45 total.

• 2 weeks later...
You boarded the ship after we disembarked our St Patrick Day Cruise. We too were impressed with the upgrades. I like the Fantasy Class ships. In fact the only 2 ships we have not been on is the Fantasy and Imagination.

The Elation looked very good. We had a balcony cabin and the interior looked brand new. My guess is that it was since they had to add the balcony. Guys and Blue were great additions. Since we were on a Spring Break cruise the lines were longer. I do have to admit that the kids/teenagers were well mannered. We plan not to do another Spring Break cruise, but we got a great deal on the Balcony cabin, so we made it a quick getaway cruise.

Did the ship have a St Patricks Day Party? I am looking at booking for next March.

• 3 weeks later...

Can you please say more about getting a taxi from the port to Atlantis? It seems so chaotic once you get outside the port gates, just wondering how you get a taxi. Seems to me that the street is just lined up with vans taking pre purchased excursions

Can you please say more about getting a taxi from the port to Atlantis? It seems so chaotic once you get outside the port gates, just wondering how you get a taxi. Seems to me that the street is just lined up with vans taking pre purchased excursions
We went with one of the guys inside the gates. We had to wait 5-10 minutes for him to find another family to fill his van, but it was an easy process. They take you straight to Atlantis. Just tell someone you need a taxi, they will find one for you.

Can you please tell me more about booking Atlantis directly through the resort? Any information you think would be helpful would be appreciated.
You can go directly to Atlantis's website and purchase a day pass for whichever experience you want to do. They ask which cruise line you are on which you may have to verify once there. The taxis will take you straight to the ticket office where you get the wristbands for your excursion. There is risk though, I don't think refunds are available if your ship doesn't make the port.