Carnival Elation

smora08

It's going to be tight, and 2 people will have upper bunks. Having one bathroom is another consideration. With just the 2 of us getting showered and ready after a late port day isn't easy - DH usually goes to the spa and uses the shower there - bigger than the one in the cabin too.

As long as everyone is fairly neat it's doable - you won't be in there much anyway. Have fun!

Going on a cruise 07/07 with four total adults in one cabin on Carnival Elation. Worried this is going to be incredibly small. Anyone know that could put my mind at ease or just prepare me? :)

I can prepare you - it's like 180 sq. ft. That is 45 sq feet per person or 9x5'. It is gonna be tight and is incredibly small. So the best thing you can do is go with a good attitude. Assuming these are friends or family, I would figure out in advance who is a morning shower person and who is evening and see if that helps with the balance. Perhaps taking turns when it is time to dress if you are not close to the spa and that would not be convenient.

Just plan on only using the space for sleeping and a shower. It's not gonna be good for anything else.

Going on a cruise 07/07 with four total adults in one cabin on Carnival Elation. Worried this is going to be incredibly small. Anyone know that could put my mind at ease or just prepare me? :)

Hopefully you'll all still be on speaking terms by the end of the cruise! :D;)

Good luck! :p

If you think of the room as sleep and get ready only, not a problem. There’s plenty to do on the ship while others are getting ready and the idea of using the spa showers is actually really good. You’re there to experience the ship and have fun not be confined to a room so I think I’ll be fine (and you’re saving $$)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were n Elation the end of January in a balcony room. Smallest one we've ever seen! No chair, no sofa or table as in any balcony room we ever had. I cannot imagine having 4 people in that cabin! Other things were ok on her, but I'll never go back on her. Hopefully the ecstasy will be better when it comes to Jacksonville.

I would suggest trying to stay very organized. There are tons of good tips here on CC that can help keep your cabin from becoming an unholy mess and will make it easier to keep everyone's stuff from getting all mixed up.

Four people will mean lots of toiletries, so my suggestion would be over-the-door organizers for each closet. We hang one on the outside of the closet door and each person gets pockets for their stuff.

I'd also suggest putting dirty clothes in your luggage under the beds to keep it out of the way and prevent someone going home with the wrong dirty laundry.

One last thing: Poopourri. Look it up, buy it, take it with you, and for goodness sake, make everyone use it. You can thank me later. ;)

It’s doable and fun to be with a group. We actually had a balcony cabin with my husband and I and two preteen boys. My son and his best friend. I will never say never but it will take a lot of convincing and must be a huge cost factor for me to ever do that again. It was extremely tight, or maybe it was because it was 3 males and they sometimes have a different idea about how to keep things nice and clean. I took showers in the spa and that worked well. We are cabin dwellers though, and spend a ton of time in the cabin when we cruise, so that makes a difference for us. If you are not cabin people and just use the room for sleeping, it’s fine. There are plenty of quiet places to go and spread out on the ship when you need to. We do a lot of napping, reading or listening to music on the decks outside too. If it’s a 4 or 5 day cruise, it’s fine too, as there are so many things to do that all of your time is spent trying to soak it all in. If the price is right, I would do it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A good attitude and patience is key! You sound like you have both so let’s hope everyone else is as positive as you:)

I’ve done three cruises with four people in a room. Two adults and two kids. The only time I felt like I was going out of my mind was on the Elation. I didn’t realize that the OV rooms were that much smaller than on Dream class ships. I personally will never do that again, but the girls didn’t enjoy the smaller ship so I guess it won’t matter.

Stay away from connecting cabins on that ship! We heard EVERYTHING next door!

Stay away from connecting cabins on that ship! We heard EVERYTHING next door!

Oh no! After I booked my interior room, it wasn’t until I looked closer at the deck plans that I realized I had booked a connecting room. I hope it’s not that bad [emoji30]

Not a good idea.