Zaandam Alaska May 21 - June 4 2018 wrap up

Just to prove that I can not only whine about HAL, but praise them for their good qualities, here's a youtube photo montage my sister did for our recent Zaandam cruise, where believe it or not, we actually had a great time visiting Alaska:D

(just a recommendation; you might want to turn the sound off except for the video portions, because for some inexplicable reason my sister used Enya's "Sail Away" as the background music for the entire 20 minutes:eek:)

She also scanned in the "When and Where" daily programs, but since Crew News already has them posted on his fantastic Roger Jett photography website, these may be a bit redundant. Anyways, my sister compiles her blog for our personal memory file, and I don't think she minds sharing with all of you:;)

https://twocruisingsisters.wordpress.com/

(just a recommendation; you might want to turn the sound off except for the video portions, because for some inexplicable reason my sister used Enya's "Sail Away" as the background music for the entire 20 minutes:eek:)

Hey I happen to like that song so I inflicted it on you, sister o'mine. ;p

Thank you for sharing with us! Enjoyed reading your wonderful review and appreciate all of the information you have shared. Looking forward to this cruise!!! Do you know what time the final group disembarked on this sailing? Thanks!

Thank you for sharing with us! Enjoyed reading your wonderful review and appreciate all of the information you have shared. Looking forward to this cruise!!! Do you know what time the final group disembarked on this sailing? Thanks!

Final group disembarked at 9:30 am.

Thank you (on behalf of my sister, who did all the work:D) She and I have the perfect traveling style. I do all the planning and booking, and she does all the photography and blogging. It works out great for both of us!

I just got done watching your sister's video. I had been following her blog throughout your cruise. We'll be doing the same cruise on Zaandam, July 2nd and can't wait. I like the song Sail Away also but I do have to admit about halfway through I thought I started hearing,

Save a Whale,

Save a Whale,

Save a Whale.

Haha

Thanks for sharing your sister, her pictures and blogs. I'll be looking forward to your next Cruise blog.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

I just got done watching your sister's video. I had been following her blog throughout your cruise. We'll be doing the same cruise on Zaandam, July 2nd and can't wait. I like the song Sail Away also but I do have to admit about halfway through I thought I started hearing,

Save a Whale,

Save a Whale,

Save a Whale.

Haha

Thanks for sharing your sister, her pictures and blogs. I'll be looking forward to your next Cruise blog.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

You know of course, I will now forever more hear "Save a whale" instead of "Sail away". LOL.

And thank you all for your kind comments about my photos.

We lived in Anchorage for many, many years, back in the day. Your video is wonderful and especially the photos south of Anchorage. Most visitors miss the real Alaska sights with to many bus rides, you got it right. Well Done. On our way to Seattle tomorrow and hope we have some good weather for our adventure on the Zaandam. Thanks for taking the time to share.