NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

I'm anxious to do my upgrade from my obstructed OV to a balcony. I'm depending on the points from my final payment to reach the 30,000. How soon will the points be available to use? There's very few balconies left and right now the rates are very high, so, I guess that's in my favor because you'd have to be nuts to pay that price! The cruise is mid-Sept.

Is this for the same cabin you already upgraded? Did you mention anything to them about trying to upgrade later to a balcony when you used your Worldpoints to upgrade from the inside to the OK? I don't think you can do more than one Worldpoint upgrade per cruise.

Is this for the same cabin you already upgraded? Did you mention anything to them about trying to upgrade later to a balcony when you used your Worldpoints to upgrade from the inside to the OK? I don't think you can do more than one Worldpoint upgrade per cruise.

I'm not sure if I said anything when I made the original upgrade. I have no idea! Maybe someone else could help us with this question. I'll have to ask my TA that one. She seemed to know what I was talking about with doing the first.. You would wonder why not! They're your points!

Thank you! I have a payment coming up the beginning of July, so if I include the payment for the cruise in it even though it won't have to be paid until the next statement, the points will post.

I booked the IF/inside category on The Jade and did the meta upgrade to OK/outside obstructed. I like the location, but I'm not sure how obstructed it is.

It's not too bad. I have had one on the Jewel.

To answer the meta after a prior meta, I have done it and my threat was cancel the cruise, credit my points back,then rebook and use double meta upgrade, so they just did it

Steve

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Forums mobile app

It's not too bad. I have had one on the Jewel.

To answer the meta after a prior meta, I have done it and my threat was cancel the cruise, credit my points back,then rebook and use double meta upgrade, so they just did it

Steve

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Forums mobile app

I did call World Points today to ask them if I could use 30,000 more points when they become available to me to upgrade to a balcony. He had to look it up. He said no, you can only do one upgrade for each reservation. He said he was going to transfer me to answer any of my other World Points questions. I was on hold and I finally hanged up. I thought that I was told by another rep before I made the reservation that I can do it, but, I guess not. Since final payment was made, I wouldn't have the option of cancelling and re-booking. I was wondering myself if the points are redeposited if the booking was cancelled either before or after final payment.

I did call World Points today to ask them if I could use 30,000 more points when they become available to me to upgrade to a balcony. He had to look it up. He said no, you can only do one upgrade for each reservation. He said he was going to transfer me to answer any of my other World Points questions. I was on hold and I finally hanged up. I thought that I was told by another rep before I made the reservation that I can do it, but, I guess not. Since final payment was made, I wouldn't have the option of cancelling and re-booking. I was wondering myself if the points are redeposited if the booking was cancelled either before or after final payment.

Points are redeposited up to day before sailing. You loose your cash though according to the penalty schedule.

2 days ago I just redeemed 60,000 points for a double meta upgrade on a 26 night cruise. Saved $4200 !!! plus it was a distinctive voayage when I grabbed it so I got 5 perks even for booking an inside to start with.

Steve

Points are redeposited up to day before sailing. You loose your cash though according to the penalty schedule.

2 days ago I just redeemed 60,000 points for a double meta upgrade on a 26 night cruise. Saved $4200 !!! plus it was a distinctive voayage when I grabbed it so I got 5 perks even for booking an inside to start with.

Steve

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is awesome! Now that I'm learning the ropes, I will keep all this in mind for the next time! I didn't do to bad with saving some money from Inside to obstructed OV (OK). I think I saved about $1700. on a 12 day British Islands cruise. Wait to you see the rates drop and the balconies will be cheaper then the OK's for our Sept cruise! I don't think there is a whole lot of cabins open, as of now!

Steve

Sorry, I meant to ask this first about the points. So, you wouldn't lose your points after final payment, but you would lose money, of course. I was just wondering about that because of travel insurance.

Guest I am the Onion

14.75 - 24.75 % interest !!!! Depending on your credit worthiness ??? Yeah, start at 14%, make one late payment and you shoot up to 25%. Question....when you declare bankruptcy, do you keep your points ? I’ll stick with my American Express thank you.

14.75 - 24.75 % interest !!!! Depending on your credit worthiness ??? Yeah, start at 14%, make one late payment and you shoot up to 25%. Question....when you declare bankruptcy, do you keep your points ? I’ll stick with my American Express thank you.

I don't know about you but I pay 0% interest. If you aren't paying it off every month on time, no CC is worth it's rewards.

Guest I am the Onion
I don't know about you but I pay 0% interest. If you aren't paying it off every month on time, no CC is worth it's rewards.

Agree

I just got off an NCL cruise today. I used my NCL credit card that I've had for at least 15 years for our room and the room our kids were in. Our room keys were turned down when we tried to buy things and I had to go to guest services 3 times. I was even made to call the credit card company to tell them to allow the charges because we were out of the country. I had to go back twice after that. I'm done. I'm done with their credit card and done with NCL. 10 plus cruises with them, but this was the last.

is it just me or has anyone noticed any additional fees and surcharges in their billing statement with this credit card? I always pay off my balance a few days before due date yet i still noticed additional fees and surcharges. I never had this before and it keeps up, i might cancel the card.

is it just me or has anyone noticed any additional fees and surcharges in their billing statement with this credit card? I always pay off my balance a few days before due date yet i still noticed additional fees and surcharges. I never had this before and it keeps up, i might cancel the card.

Personally I have not had any extra charges

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

If you are using it outside the USA, they charge foreign transaction fees. I personally have not had any fees but I use my SW card then.

is it just me or

has anyone noticed any additional fees and surcharges in their billing statement with this credit card?

I always pay off my balance a few days before due date yet i still noticed additional fees and surcharges. I never had this before and it keeps up, i might cancel the card.

If you are using it outside the USA, they charge foreign transaction fees.

I personally have not had any fees but I use my SW card then.

Thank You Peg!

I agree; have not have any issues with my Norwegian/ Bank of America Card.

But, for others, you don't always get what you want.

Does anyone know if onboard credits redeemed from the points are posted to MyNCL or is it a physical certificate waiting in the stateroom? I see NCL has my world points onboard credit listed in the eDocs, but it does not appear in "onboard spending" amount on My NCL vacation summary.

No, I've never experienced this! However, in the interests of full disclosure, I use this card exclusively for NCL charges and payoff balances immediately. It could be different for those that use the card for other charges and/or carry a balance.