Unlimited open bar offer

Halftocruz

Many people on here will accuse you of cheating etc...whatever...if NCL didn't have ridiculous pricing on their UBP then people would actually buy the package rather then doing this. The UBP package cost is double what it is on most other cruise lines and includes LESS.

The actual price of the UBP is irrelevant since most people received the package as a promo and only pay the $17.80 pppd service charge.

The bartenders probably assumed that the woman that let you get free drinks for her was staying in the same stateroom as you and also had the promo.

The actual price of the UBP is irrelevant since most people received the package as a promo and only pay the $17.80 pppd service charge.

The bartenders probably assumed that the woman that let you get free drinks for her was staying in the same stateroom as you and also had the promo.

The price actually IS relevant because all the people that get a sailaway rate or those that have more then 2 adults in the room don’t have a beverage package and would probably be willing to buy it if it were a reasonable price instead of cheating the system.

Also, you pay a whole lot more then $17 per day for the UBP as your cruise fare to get a perk is actually higher so it’s also partially priced in there.

Here's an example:

NCL Escape sailing on July 29th -

Balcony Sail Away Rate is $1,099 per person

Cheapest balcony WITH perks is $1,399 and it's also a GUARANTEE room.

So guess what? You just paid an additional $300 per person just for your perks...since that's really the only difference. Most people would pick the dining & beverage package. The dining package is $84 if you buy it which means you just paid $216 for the beverage package plus $124.60 for gratuities on that package...for a grand total of $340.60. How do you like free? That's what I thought...

The price actually IS relevant because all the people that get a sailaway rate or those that have more then 2 adults in the room don’t have a beverage package and would probably be willing to buy it if it were a reasonable price instead of cheating the system.

Most people who book a Sailaway rate are looking to save money. Even if the UBP cost was $49 pppd plus 20%, most Sailaway guests wouldn't pay more than $400 a week extra for the UBP.

You acknowledge that it is "cheating the system", so that's a plus, I guess.

Also, you pay a whole lot more then $17 per day for the UBP as your cruise fare to get a perk is actually higher so it’s also partially priced in there.

For those who always select their stateroom, Sailaway isn't really an option. Since those people are willing to pay the standard fare anyway, the $17.80 pppd is the only extra. With "Norwegian Rate" a person can select their stateroom and get no promos if that is their best option.

Most people who book a Sailaway rate are looking to save money. Even if the UBP cost was $49 pppd plus 20%, most Sailaway guests wouldn't pay more than $400 a week extra for the UBP.

You acknowledge that it is "cheating the system", so that's a plus, I guess.

For those who always select their stateroom, Sailaway isn't really an option. Since those people are willing to pay the standard fare anyway, the $17.80 pppd is the only extra. With "Norwegian Rate" a person can select their stateroom and get no promos if that is their best option.

People that select their stateroom are willing to pay the extra $20-50 per person to select it. If the true cost of simply selecting your room was $350 per person I guarantee you that most people wouldn’t pay it.

I can tell that you’re one of those that wants to be right all the time even tho logic proves you wrong. That’s fine, I deal with people like you every day but anyone with a1/2 a brain can figure out that part of your UBP cost is factored I your inflated cruise fare.

I can tell that you’re one of those that wants to be right all the time even tho logic proves you wrong. That’s fine, I deal with people like you every day but anyone with a1/2 a brain can figure out that part of your UBP cost is factored I your inflated cruise fare.

The cost of maintaining the pool is factored into the cruise fare. The cost of having a kids club is factored into the cruise fare. The cost of tender service is factored into the cruise fare even if people never use the pool, don't have kids, and never leave the ship. NOTHING is actually free and most people understand that.

It doesn't matter if the UBP is $100 pppd or is $49 pppd if the total cost to the guest is the same. In either case, violating the terms of the promo is inexcusable. You admit to "cheating the system" when you allowed a woman to get drinks on your card. Your justification was that because the cost to buy the UBP was so high, it was acceptable for the woman to get 4-5 drinks a day from you.

If you believe that, at what price point would it be unacceptable for the woman to get drinks from you?

The cost of maintaining the pool is factored into the cruise fare. The cost of having a kids club is factored into the cruise fare. The cost of tender service is factored into the cruise fare even if people never use the pool, don't have kids, and never leave the ship. NOTHING is actually free and most people understand that.

It doesn't matter if the UBP is $100 pppd or is $49 pppd if the total cost to the guest is the same. In either case, violating the terms of the promo is inexcusable. You admit to "cheating the system" when you allowed a woman to get drinks on your card. Your justification was that because the cost to buy the UBP was so high, it was acceptable for the woman to get 4-5 drinks a day from you.

If you believe that, at what price point would it be unacceptable for the woman to get drinks from you?

There isn’t a price point per se. If you’re trying to make me feel guilty...good luck! I plan on doing that on my next cruise as well and couldn’t care any less. That doesn’t take away from the fact that you lack the ability to comprehend fare structure and the ability to understand that the cost of the UBP is much more then just $17.80 per day.

Person "A" selects their stateroom and selects the UBP promo.

Person "B" selects their stateroom and doesn't select the UBP promo.

How much more is person "A" paying vs. person "B"?

If person "C" is willing to take whatever stateroom that NCL wants to give him, what person "C" pays is irrelevant to A and B.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

There isn’t a price point per se. If you’re trying to make me feel guilty...good luck! I plan on doing that on my next cruise as well and couldn’t care any less.

There isn't a price point where you would tell the woman to pay for her own package or to pay for her own drinks? :')

Person "A" selects their stateroom and selects the UBP promo.

Person "B" selects their stateroom and doesn't select the UBP promo.

How much more is person "A" paying vs. person "B"?

If person "C" is willing to take whatever stateroom that NCL wants to give him, what person "C" pays is irrelevant to A and B.

If person B doesn’t want the UBP then they get a sailaway rate and save $600 (300x2). See?

There isn't a price point where you would tell the woman to pay for her own package or to pay for her own drinks? :')

No, there isn’t an exact figure. It’s more a point of principle.

I know I know...you’re going to argue about this as well.

That would make him a person "C", wouldn't it?

Yes, but with a $300 per person price difference 95% of those who are person B turn into person C because $600 to be able to choose your cabin isn’t a justifiable price for most people.

Yes, but with a $300 per person price difference 95% of those who are person B turn into person C because $600 to be able to choose your cabin isn’t a justifiable price for most people.

Using Escape balcony as an example....

Forward vs Mid vs. Aft makes a difference to some people.

Deck choice (9-15) makes a difference to some people.

Port vs. starboard makes a difference to some people.

Near an elevator vs not near an elevator makes a difference to some people.

Bed location (near balcony vs near closet) makes a difference to some people.

Balcony size (standard vs. angled vs. wider than standard) makes a difference to some people.

Angled forward vs. angled aft makes a difference to some people.

Angled forward with a clear view forward vs angled forward facing another balcony makes a difference to some people.

Angled aft with a clear view aft vs angled aft facing another balcony makes a difference to some people.

How much wider than standard makes a difference to some people.

All of the above choices can be selected at (or at nearly) the same price. A person with a larger balcony can pay the same as the person with the standard balcony, for ex.

If none of the above matter, then the person should become person "C".

Using Escape balcony as an example....

Forward vs Mid vs. Aft makes a difference to some people.

Deck choice (9-15) makes a difference to some people.

Port vs. starboard makes a difference to some people.

Near an elevator vs not near an elevator makes a difference to some people.

Bed location (near balcony vs near closet) makes a difference to some people.

Balcony size (standard vs. angled vs. wider than standard) makes a difference to some people.

Angled forward vs. angled aft makes a difference to some people.

Angled forward with a clear view forward vs angled forward facing another balcony makes a difference to some people.

Angled aft with a clear view aft vs angled aft facing another balcony makes a difference to some people.

How much wider than standard makes a difference to some people.

All of the above choices can be selected at (or at nearly) the same price. A person with a larger balcony can pay the same as the person with the standard balcony, for ex.

If none of the above matter, then the person should become person "C".

Those things matter to most people, there’s no argument there. But there’s also no argument that most people won’t pay $600+ so they have a specific cabin. If you want a cabin with a large balcony that costs even more. That’s why the price difference between the Saliaway and a Guarantee with Perks is ONLY because you’re actually paying for the perks. Look at all the other cruise lines...their uarantee cabins are only $20-40 cheaper than one where you select it.

Stop trying to win this argument. You’re like the violin players on the titanic as it sunk.

No, the "large" balcony is a different category and price. The examples that I gave are within the same category and price.

A wider balcony (12304, for example) is the same price as 12302 but 12304's balcony is nearly twice as wide (same depth). They are both the exact same category. The same is true for angled balconies that are next to standard balconies within the same category.

There is no "argument" if different people want different things. A person who wants a specific stateroom will pay extra for it. From that point, the person will either pay the service charge for the UBP or they won't.

A person who doesn't care about their stateroom has different decisions to make.