Will Haven concierge be able to help on fully booked excursions?

buramiko

Going on the Bliss on Aug 11 and I just noticed the rail+dogs+gold panning tour is gone, I guess it’s fully booked by now? We will be staying in the Haven and do you think concierge will be able to help while we are on board? I know I should have booked earlier I’d be super disappointed if they can’t do anything... :(

I was on the Bliss, when my next cruise had an itinerary change and I couldn’t book shore excursions. Adrian didn’t think shore excursions sold out, so it wouldn’t surprise me if the concierge can help you. Hope you enjoy your cruise. We are doing Alaska on the Bliss Sept 1

Not a Haven person, so, can't answer the specific question you asked.

But, have you called NCL to try to book the excursion on the chance the web site isn't accurate? That would be my next move.

Not a Haven person, so, can't answer the specific question you asked.

But, have you called NCL to try to book the excursion on the chance the web site isn't accurate? That would be my next move.

I agree, call NCL excursion desk and ask. There could be other reasons it has disappeared off the website. As for the Concierge helping, it is worth an ask but they can not put extra seats on buses just because they want to, so they may not be able to do anything.

Hope you get it worked out, sounds like a wonderful excursion

About 1/3 of the spots in each excursion are bookable/sold online/by calling prior to cruises, and the remaining spots are sold while on board.

So you'll be okay - just ask the concierge as soon as you board.

Another thing: when you have booked an excursion in a port, then no other excursions will be shown to you for the port. This is to prevent double booking.

Once on Epic we wanted to do a St John excursion that was sold out. Anoop, the concierge was not able to do anything and I completely understand.

Adrian does have magical powers. I used to read about him on CC and had high expectations. He exceeded my expectations on Getaway. He has sayings like "I don't do lines" So if Adrian is in your corner you cant rule anything out. If he cant do it, then no one can ;)

• Like 1

Calling NCL excursion desk or the pre-haven concierge will be absolutely no help. They can help you ONLY with what you could book yourself online.

The Haven concierge is able to work some magic but only once you're already on the trip. They do hold extra space on excursions and dining for Haven guests. Yes, openings do magically appear for Haven guests......but you would know this only once you've boarded the ship and talked to the ship's concierge directly. The pre-conceirge (when you get your Haven letter) will be useless.

I'd probably try to book a private tour for that day just to be sure you've got something. Private tours are always better, always less crowded, always less waiting, less piddling. If you can afford the Haven, you will want to pay extra for a private tour where you aren't hassled like cattle on the ship's excursions. Over the past few years, the ships excursions have gotten worse about being over crowded and slow moving.

Ask when you first board, there is a chance, but not a guarantee. I asked the concierge to try to get us on one during our last cruise (my husband was sick so we missed an excursion one day and wanted to try to do it the next day in Bermuda). He talked to the shore excursion manager and couldn’t get us guaranteed tickets, but said if we wanted to meet him 15 minutes before the excursion he would talk to the person actually running that specific excursion and see if they could squeeze 2 extra people in. For scheduling and childcare reasons we opted not to do that, but we appreciated his efforts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree, call NCL excursion desk and ask. There could be other reasons it has disappeared off the website. As for the Concierge helping, it is worth an ask but they can not put extra seats on buses just because they want to, so they may not be able to do anything.

Hope you get it worked out, sounds like a wonderful excursion

I just called NCL and he confirmed the tour was indeed sold out and wait listing was not available until trip starts.

So my best bet would be the concierge the very first day, I hope bluesea777 is right that 2/3 seats will be available on board...

If you want to try and use a private guide (which is what I would do), I highly recommend this one. http://www.skagwayprivatetours.com We used Sherry in Skagway last summer and she was fantastic. It felt like we were touring with an old friend. As she does completely private tours, she will basically set up your day however you wish.

For a little less money, I know lots of people use Chilkoot Charters https://chilkootcharters.com. They run small bus / van tours and get really good reviews. We saw their vehicles everywhere.

Once on Epic we wanted to do a St John excursion that was sold out. Anoop, the concierge was not able to do anything and I completely understand.

Adrian does have magical powers. I used to read about him on CC and had high expectations. He exceeded my expectations on Getaway. He has sayings like "I don't do lines" So if Adrian is in your corner you cant rule anything out. If he cant do it, then no one can ;)

Totally agree about Adrian. He works magic. Got tons of people we talked to into sold out excursions, dinners and shows.

Going on the Bliss on Aug 11 and I just noticed the rail+dogs+gold panning tour is gone, I guess it’s fully booked by now? We will be staying in the Haven and do you think concierge will be able to help while we are on board? I know I should have booked earlier I’d be super disappointed if they can’t do anything... :(

No. On many things, when they are sold out, there is absolutely nothing the concierge can do for you. You can certainly ask, but most likely sold out is sold out.

I just called NCL and he confirmed the tour was indeed sold out and wait listing was not available until trip starts.

So my best bet would be the concierge the very first day, I hope bluesea777 is right that 2/3 seats will be available on board...

Go with a sure thing and book independent. What you have chosen is lacking with the use of large tour buses, and limited viewing.- cattle herding.

Grosssly superior is going with a smaller tour. Dyea Dave, can arrange this with a great sled dog operator, or Chilkoot Charters can also with the train, and dogs (although not my preferred vendor for dogs)

Each is well run long established companies.

Why wait, you can book now and have a confirmed reservation. With it sold out, do you really think a slot is going to magically open up for you, with over 4000 on board?

For years I used to read rave reviews about Adrian on CC. I was like yeah, yeah just another concierge but with such glowing reviews I had high expectations. Adrian exceeded even my high expectations. I don't know how but he always found a way to make things happen. I almost wish they could clone him and add him to every ship. He and Virginia are the best concierges I have ever experienced. Anoop was pretty good too. Adrian just takes things one step further.

About 1/3 of the spots in each excursion are bookable/sold online/by calling prior to cruises, and the remaining spots are sold while on board. So you'll be okay - just ask the concierge as soon as you board. Another thing: when you have booked an excursion in a port, then no other excursions will be shown to you for the port. This is to prevent double booking.

Incorrect.

If a excursion sells out on line and disappears, it is sold out. No more seat onboard.

And if there are no seats on the bus, Adrian won’t be able to do magic to create another seat.

So is Adrian on Bliss or another ship? :o

Adrian is on the Bliss (for another month or two) and took her out of Germany. His sister was also on the Bliss as the executive host, but her contract ended after the first Alaskan cruise. The Bicas are a great duo.