PSA - Make Reservations ASAP - Norwegian Bliss

Skazel

If you are going on a large cruise please make your reservations as early as possible.

I will be sailing on the Bliss at the end of August and have been reading reviews to prepare myself.

I've been seeing a lot of negative feedback on reviews because people did not make dining, entertainment, or activity reservations. This is not something new. Five years ago my wife and I went on another ship with 4,000 + passengers. At that time I did my research and made reservations for everything that I could.

Make sure to do your research, call the cruise line to make reservations or do it online. You will have a much better experience knowing that your reservations are ready when you board.

If there is anything you would like to do and could not make reservations, make sure to do so as soon as you are on the ship.

• Like 1

Good advice, from what I can tell. I'm on the Bliss in November, and, following the advice of others on this board, I booked my dinner and show reservations just a few days ago. For our party of 2, there were still multiple dining venues in which the prime dinner times were already gone on multiple days. So yes...book as soon as you can! (FYI, I booked ours 4 days after reservations opened!)

@MyTMo777

Good planning, also from other posts I've read, make sure to get to a touch screen as soon as you are on board. Located near the elevators. You will still need to make Go-Kart, Laser Tag, and Comedy Show reservations.

@MyTMo777

Good planning, also from other posts I've read, make sure to get to a touch screen as soon as you are on board. Located near the elevators. You will still need to make Go-Kart, Laser Tag, and Comedy Show reservations.

I’ve heard that we need to make go kart & laser tag reservations as soon as we get on board. Wasn’t aware we also needed to book comedy shows - thanks! Also had thought about using the touch screens - I would’ve stood in line at CS. So thanks for that tip too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good advice, from what I can tell. I'm on the Bliss in November, and, following the advice of others on this board, I booked my dinner and show reservations just a few days ago. For our party of 2, there were still multiple dining venues in which the prime dinner times were already gone on multiple days. So yes...book as soon as you can! (FYI, I booked ours 4 days after reservations opened!)

When did reservations open? I’m planning on booking my first Norwegian Cruise on the Bliss and trying to plan everything

Good Advice! My sister just got off the Bliss last Saturday, they did not plan ahead. By the time they were onboard, 11:30a.m., gokarts, laser tag, Jersey Boys and most of the excursions they had been looking at were already fully booked. It was their first time on a 4,000 passenger ship, lesson learned.

I am booked on the Bliss for 9/22-29, and just an fyi if you book Teppanyaki for the 5:30 seating you will not be able to book the 7:30 show for Jersey Boys online. It's billed as a 2hr dining experience ending at 7:30pm and the computer says you have a conflict with another item scheduled for that time. We'll need to hurry once onboard to get our theater tickets!

When did reservations open? I’m planning on booking my first Norwegian Cruise on the Bliss and trying to plan everything

They opened 120 before sailing. So July 6 or so.

If there is something you absolutely want to do, yes make reservations as early as possible. If something is sold out online before you board though that doesn't mean you won't be able to do it. They don't always book 100% of available spots before you board.

All great advice. On our cruise, Cagney’s was sold out for the duration of the cruise by 1 pm on Embarkation day.

BirdTravels, can you please tell me what deck is used to embark on? My brother and I want to make Kart reservations as soon as we get on board however, we'll have my 87 yo dad (mobility issues) with us and want to try and get him seated and settled somewhere so we can run to get signed up.:o

I would appreciate any advice you could give.

“I am booked on the Bliss for 9/22-29, and just an fyi if you book Teppanyaki for the 5:30 seating you will not be able to book the 7:30 show for Jersey Boys online. It's billed as a 2hr dining experience ending at 7:30pm and the computer says you have a conflict with another item scheduled for that time. We'll need to hurry once onboard to get our theater tickets!”

Can I reserve some specialties at 5pm or 515 pm to avoid this conflict? I noticed some open at 5? Or is 530 the earliest you can book?

Edited by looneyric

“I am booked on the Bliss for 9/22-29, and just an fyi if you book Teppanyaki for the 5:30 seating you will not be able to book the 7:30 show for Jersey Boys online. It's billed as a 2hr dining experience ending at 7:30pm and the computer says you have a conflict with another item scheduled for that time. We'll need to hurry once onboard to get our theater tickets!”

Can I reserve some specialties at 5pm or 515 pm to avoid this conflict? I noticed some open at 5? Or is 530 the earliest you can book?

5:30 is the earliest you can book online. You may be able to call and book for an earlier time.

BirdTravels, can you please tell me what deck is used to embark on? My brother and I want to make Kart reservations as soon as we get on board however, we'll have my 87 yo dad (mobility issues) with us and want to try and get him seated and settled somewhere so we can run to get signed up.:o

I would appreciate any advice you could give.

You can make go cart reservations at any of the touch screens near the elevators. Get you dad settled somewhere then find a free screen. When we boarded everyone was lining up behind the first screen they saw. We just went up a floor and found one with no waiting. You and your brother could always split up. Just make sure you have both keys if you are in separate rooms. It only takes a few minutes to book.

I am sailing on Epic in November. This will be my first time with NCL and this will also be the largest ship I have sailed on. Typically I try to keep 3,000 my limit, but this one worked well for my schedule and budget. Anyway, I was wondering about booking shows in advance. It sounds like this is something you must do, but is it weird picking nights to see shows without having any context on what else may be going on that night? I am used to checking the itineraries for the day each morning and planning my day, but I guess that's just the luxury of other cruise lines and smaller ships...

5:30 is the earliest you can book online. You may be able to call and book for an earlier time.

You can make go cart reservations at any of the touch screens near the elevators. Get you dad settled somewhere then find a free screen. When we boarded everyone was lining up behind the first screen they saw. We just went up a floor and found one with no waiting. You and your brother could always split up. Just make sure you have both keys if you are in separate rooms. It only takes a few minutes to book.

Thank you so much! :D

Specialty dining, main dining, Havana, and Jersey Boys can all be reserved 120 days in advance online or through the app.

It is true that if you try to make dinner reservations on the same night that you have reserved for Havana or Jersey Boys that it will say you have a scheduling conflict. Plan accordingly.

Yes, the Go-Karts, laser tag, and comedy all book up fast. So find a screen as soon as you can.

This is not something new for cruises, just plan accordingly and you will have a much better experience.

The other option (because they only release like 25% of the seatings prior to embarkation) is to first thing on board make all the reservations, you will find a lot more dining options and they usually have lots of staff ready to help make them all for you. They usually have something setup in the atrium for it, we always board as fast as we can to get the reservations we wanted.

So there's no way to book some of these things in advance? Honestly, from what I've read, I'm really considering canceling our trip (Bliss to AK in 2019). The reason I picked that ship was for the extras for my family to do but if I can't book ahead, there's a very good chance we can't do any of them. And they keep raising the prices.

Has anyone else thought that it sounds like a lot of money and work for no guarantee you can actually do anything?

So there's no way to book some of these things in advance? Honestly, from what I've read, I'm really considering canceling our trip (Bliss to AK in 2019). The reason I picked that ship was for the extras for my family to do but if I can't book ahead, there's a very good chance we can't do any of them. And they keep raising the prices.

Has anyone else thought that it sounds like a lot of money and work for no guarantee you can actually do anything?

I am right there with you! It seems like a lot of work to have to plan out which shows I will be going to 4 months before my cruise! I am booked for Nov. 2018 sailing, and I am not cancelling, and will just go with the flow, but this seems odd to me. It may be my first and only trip on a huge ship.

Anyway, I was wondering about booking shows in advance. It sounds like this is something you must do, but is it weird picking nights to see shows without having any context on what else may be going on that night? I am used to checking the itineraries for the day each morning and planning my day, but I guess that's just the luxury of other cruise lines and smaller ships...

No, you don't have to book shows in advance -- the theater has a standby line that they let in about 15 minutes before show time, and we've never been turned away, reservations or not. I'd recommend reservations, as you'll generally get better seats by getting in early, but if you don't have them, go to the theater anyway and see what's available.

In February, on the Escape, we get awesome seats by turning up about five minutes before the show started (slow service resulted in dinner running long) and they just freed up the reserved Haven seats ;)

No, you don't have to book shows in advance -- the theater has a standby line that they let in about 15 minutes before show time, and we've never been turned away, reservations or not. I'd recommend reservations, as you'll generally get better seats by getting in early, but if you don't have them, go to the theater anyway and see what's available.

In February, on the Escape, we get awesome seats by turning up about five minutes before the show started (slow service resulted in dinner running long) and they just freed up the reserved Haven seats ;)

For any "MEGA" cruise ship it is nearly a must to make reservations for shows and dining in advance. The entire reason for this post to to help educate my fellow cruisers to make reservations so they can have a more enjoyable experience. I've seen far too many negative reviews of the Norwegian Bliss because they didn't make any reservations.

For the Go-Kart, Laser Tag, and Comedy shows you can only make reservations once on the ship. You can do this on the touch screens located near the elevators. Again, negative reviews about the ship because they didn't know or didn't understand that they have to make reservations to do these activities.

Go and read some of the reviews. The negative feedback isn't from food, services, cleanliness, excursions, activities, but the lack of being able to attend said activities (and dining) made the entire cruise a huge disappointment for some.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi: To the cruiser who is thinking of cancelling his cruise on Bliss in 2019, I would do so asap. I am about to post my critique about the ship based on my recent cruise on it from July 14-21. There are many more criticisms than the many about the go carts. After several other cruises on other ships, I would never cruise on any NCL ship ever again. The Bliss's main goal was not to have happy passengers and great food and experiences.

It was to try and gouge you for everything (specialty restaurants, excursions,).We encountered sold out reservations before we had even

stepped on the ship. The thing they did best was make animals out of the towels after evening turndown. Of course we were all so aggravated (eg. people smoking on nearby balconies) that we barely slept. Try a better line--like Oceania. They attract a crowd who knows it is not an effort to put on a pair of chinos and a polo shirt for eating in the dining room. We had people wearing tank tops, short shorts, ripped jeans and hats--on. It is disgusting to eat in a beautiful room beside some guy's hairy legs and fat belly. And the drink packages encourage people to be drunk and loud all the time. Such a sickening example of the worst of behavior for my grandchildren. They may have a go cart track (dangerous) and a gigantic water slide (scary and dangerous,) but I want to cruise without the stress of running to make reservations the instant you get on board, or seeing both my son and grandson getting injured by some jerk on the go carts ride. Please change to another ship, another line. You won't regret it.

Edited by ALPHYL
spacing in final copy

Hi: To the cruiser who is thinking of cancelling his cruise on Bliss in 2019, I would do so asap. I am about to post my critique about the ship based on my recent cruise on it from July 14-21. There are many more criticisms than the many about the go carts. After several other cruises on other ships, I would never cruise on any NCL ship ever again. The Bliss's main goal was not to have happy passengers and great food and experiences.

It was to try and gouge you for everything (specialty restaurants, excursions,).We encountered sold out reservations before we had even

stepped on the ship. The thing they did best was make animals out of the towels after evening turndown. Of course we were all so aggravated (eg. people smoking on nearby balconies) that we barely slept. Try a better line--like Oceania. They attract a crowd who knows it is not an effort to put on a pair of chinos and a polo shirt for eating in the dining room. We had people wearing tank tops, short shorts, ripped jeans and hats--on. It is disgusting to eat in a beautiful room beside some guy's hairy legs and fat belly. And the drink packages encourage people to be drunk and loud all the time. Such a sickening example of the worst of behavior for my grandchildren. They may have a go cart track (dangerous) and a gigantic water slide (scary and dangerous,) but I want to cruise without the stress of running to make reservations the instant you get on board, or seeing both my son and grandson getting injured by some jerk on the go carts ride. Please change to another ship, another line. You won't regret it.

I’m guessing you didn’t research NCL at all before you booked with them, as you can’t compare a luxury line like Oceania to a mainstream line such as Norwegian. Aside from the fact that not everyone can afford a cruise aboard a luxury line, they are not exactly geared towards families and younger adults. In fact, I’m pretty sure your grandson would have been bored as hell aboard an Oceania ship.

Now, regarding Norwegian: there is a reason why we keep coming back time and time again. We have found the service aboard the ship to be second to none, as the staff and crew work tirelessly to ensure everyone is having the best possible vacation. Add to that literal Broadway shows (After Midnight on the Escape, Jersey Boys on the Bliss, etc) and exquisite food (particularly in the specialty dining restaurants such as Cagney’s), we are more than excited to board the Bliss in Jan. 2019.

• Like 1