Elation food questions

Cruisegirl6

Hello,

We strayed from Carnival the past two years and coming back to Carnival to what I believe may be on the Breeze in May but we are currently booked on the Elation for February.

If somebody can help us with our questions as its been a couple of years since our last Carnival cruise it be greatly appreciated!

1- Does anybody have the current 5 day menus?

2- What time is the breakfast buffet open until?

3- Does the Elation offer the Seaday brunch?

4- Do you have to dress formal for the Chefs Table?

5- On our past Carnival cruises we dine each night at the Steakhouse, this ship does not have one, are there up charge items on the MDR menu, and do you know what they are?

6- On the 5 night cruise, what day is elegant night?

• 4 weeks later...

I sailed on Elation out of New Orleans about two years ago, so I'm not sure if my info is still up to date, but for what it's worth -

3. Yes, the Elation does a Seaday brunch every sea day, and it's amazing! The steak and eggs is served with filet mignon! That's a must get, and one of my favorite meals of the whole cruise! The juevos rancheros was also very good.

5. Correct, there was no steakhouse when I was on Elation, but they gave you the option each night in the main dining room of ordering from the special menu, which was $20 an entree. This included filet mignon, lobster, etc. It was good - I'd recommend picking a night when there's nothing that looks particularly good to you on the regular menu then opting for this. For me, 4 out of the 5 nights the regular menu had multiple dishes that sounded really good to me. Only one night did we stray to the $20 extra menu. Overall, the food in the main dining room was very good. The buffet was mediocre at best, though you could usually find something that was pretty decent.

Hope this helps, and have a blast. We really enjoyed our time on Elation.