Boston - Boylston street memorial

buggins0402

I know from googling that Boston is planning a memorial for the marathon bombing victims...but it doesn't appear that it will be completed until 2020. Is there a temporary memorial set up? We've run the marathon there more than a few times many years ago and I was thinking of heading there to pay respects.

Many people go to the marathon finish line near Copley Square to pay respects even without a memorial. Marathon Sports is still there, right at the site of the first bomb, and people often leave flowers and other mementos there. The John Singleton Copley statue in the square also receives tributes. There is a beautiful and modern memorial to Sean Collier, the officer murdered by the Tsarnaevs, in front of MIT. The permanent Boylston St. memorial is coming. It was hoped that it would be complete for the 5th anniversary, but alas, no. It will be there in time, and even though it is not yet there, you will feel a certain catharsis in visiting the site. It is good to see life going on, runners running, people with kids. It is a safe place even though horrible, disturbed people tried to destroy our peace. I hope every moment is a torment for the surviving brother, and that all eternity is a torment for both of the dirtbags. I live in the neighborhood where that coward hid in a boat. Life goes on here, too, our peace again undisturbed by evil.