Unlimited open bar offer

Halftocruz

Hi

I will be on the Jade next summer. Guests one and two get the free unlimited open bar. How does NCL know who is guest one and two for the free drinks? Couldn’t the third and fourth just get free drinks from the other free ones.

Thanks

Hi

I will be on the Jade next summer. Guests one and two get the free unlimited open bar. How does NCL know who is guest one and two for the free drinks? Couldn’t the third and fourth just get free drinks from the other free ones.

Thanks

Your cruise card will be marked.

Not everyone wants to have the "unlimited beverage package" or such, so not everyone's card would be marked that way.

The 3rd/4th passengers' cards wouldn't be so marked, unless they also purchased the same package.

GC

When your card is swiped, your picture shows on the screen.

So the person with the package attached can get one drink and then get another a few minutes later? So 2 people could basically share a card.

Not that I would but there is nothing to stop it right?

So the person with the package attached can get one drink and then get another a few minutes later? So 2 people could basically share a card.

:(

Yeah... there is.

First, it's called cheating.

And second, you wouldn't be the first to try it.

And you wouldn't be the first to get caught, and lose access to the package for the rest of the trip, thus "winning" the opportunity to pay full price for all the rest of your beverages, other than the freebies (tap water, flavored waters, milk...).

GC

Ok another question. I see on NCL website in the terms and conditions that it is 2 per transaction. So you can get 2 at a time?

(2) beverages per transaction. Package can be used in all restaurants, lounges, bars and Great Stirrup Cay. Any items over $15 USD will receive a $15 USD discount and the guest will be charged the difference to their account. Ultimate Beverage Package i

Ok another question. I see on NCL website in the terms and conditions that it is 2 per transaction. So you can get 2 at a time?

(2) beverages per transaction. Package can be used in all restaurants, lounges, bars and Great Stirrup Cay. Any items over $15 USD will receive a $15 USD discount and the guest will be charged the difference to their account. Ultimate Beverage Package i

Are you asking people how to figure out how to bend the rules using the rules such as the 2 per transaction?

:(

Yeah... there is.

First, it's called cheating.

And second, you wouldn't be the first to try it.

And you wouldn't be the first to get caught, and lose access to the package for the rest of the trip, thus "winning" the opportunity to pay full price for all the rest of your beverages, other than the freebies (tap water, flavored waters, milk...).

GC

Plus, if caught, there is no refund of the UBP service charge. In theory, that one "gift" drink could end up costing $17.80 per day for the rest of the cruise.

I’m not trying to get out of having a drink package for all people, I’m just asking if it is one or two per transaction.

Don’t assume or judge what I was asking.

It’s my second time on NCL so just trying to understand the terms and conditions. I guess I could call NCL instead of getting judged.

I’m not trying to get out of having a drink package for all people, I’m just asking if it is one or two per transaction.

It’s my second time on NCL so just trying to understand the terms and conditions. I guess I could call NCL instead of getting judged.

Re-read your first post. Don't assume?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We aren't "assuming" anything.

You yourself stated what you are trying to do.

But yes, we *are* judging you.

You are continuing to pursue this, no matter what anyone here says.

Trust us, you haven't just discovered a brilliant plan.

NCL is well aware of this little "endeavor".

Don't forget, in addition to employees right on the decks with passengers, there are security cameras everywhere.

Everywhere.

That is for OUR (the passengers) safety, most of the time.

But that's not the only reason live views or video recordings would be viewed.

GC

Don't assume the people at Cruise Critic are stupid or were born yesterday...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you don't plan on gaming the system, why even ask? You don't have to lie to strangers on the internet.:')

Could NCL also retroactively charge the account for each drink that was passed off to someone without the UBP?

Theoretically, yes.

Theoretically, NCL could even charge for the drinks that were rightfully used by the UBP's correct user.

I've never seen it happen nor have I read about it happening to anyone but NCL has the right to do that.

Theoretically, yes.

Theoretically, NCL could even charge for the drinks that were rightfully used by the UBP's correct user.

I've never seen it happen nor have I read about it happening to anyone but NCL has the right to do that.

Depending upon how the terms of carriage are written, the line might even be able to disembark the passenger(s) early, leaving them on their own, for violating those terms.

(Then they'd have to pay for all their booze while waiting for a plane home....:evilsmile: )

GC

Yes you can get 2 at a time, per card!

My wife and I always order 3-4 at a time without issues. In fact depending how busy they are they may just swipe one card once they get to know you. Have fun!

But post #4 clearly states that you are looking for ways to cheat. People here are reacting to your post. There is no “assumption”, post #4 was very very clear.

The reality is that most NCL staff doesn't care. Now, if there's managers around then perhaps but...if you're smart about it and take care of the staff (Tip) then you probably won't have any issues. I was on the Escape last year and I had the UBP while a woman I met on the ship only had the Beer & Wine package...well...she just used my card every time she wanted to get a cocktail and nobody ever said anything. It wasn't once or twice...it was probably 4-5 times per day.

Many people on here will accuse you of cheating etc...whatever...if NCL didn't have ridiculous pricing on their UBP then people would actually buy the package rather then doing this. The UBP package cost is double what it is on most other cruise lines and includes LESS.

The answer is Yes. I typically get a double bourbon or two wine servings in one glass. Easier for me and the server.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums