Help me understand Ocean Blue charge

Dejlig Ko

I'm booked on the Bliss and have a 3 night specialty restaurant package. I just booked Ocean Blue online for a table of 2 it only charged me USD24.00 including tax/service charge. I expected it to be $15.00 each plus tax/service charge. I assume it knows I have the package? A glitch, an unadvertised special? Did I misunderstand something. Any thoughts appreciated!

I'm booked on the Bliss and have a 3 night specialty restaurant package. I just booked Ocean Blue online for a table of 2 it only charged me USD24.00 including tax/service charge. I expected it to be $15.00 each plus tax/service charge. I assume it knows I have the package? A glitch, an unadvertised special? Did I misunderstand something. Any thoughts appreciated!

There seems to be some confusion as to how much Ocean Blue costs with the dining package.

When I checked it a few days ago, the page I found said $10, which would be what you are charged (with the gratuity added). Someone else said they thought it was $15.

If you have been charged $10 then I’d say that is what it costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They’ve recently dropped the price. It was $10 each (plus gratuity) on Getaway 2 weeks ago.

$10 per person up charge plus 20% gratuity ($2). $12 per person x 2 people = $24

No taxes.

New to Norwegian. Let me get this right. You get the specialty dining package (FREE) for 3 restaurants when you pay for cruise but still have to pay extra per person?

Just curious I may be missing something.

There are a few restaurants for which there is an upcharge on the dining package. Most are included though. Most are fully included though.

I have had the dining package (between 3 and 6 meals) on about 7 or 8 cruises. The total amount extra I have paid is about $15 once for Cirque on the Epic. Everything else has been fully included.

Details are on the NCL website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New to Norwegian. Let me get this right. You get the specialty dining package (FREE) for 3 restaurants when you pay for cruise but still have to pay extra per person?

It's the Norwegian way. You pay extra for the 'free' dining, then pay extra for your 'free' dinner. On top of that you get to pay an extra service charge on both 'free' fees. NCL never met an extra charge they didn't love.

It's for your convenience..........

They’ve recently dropped the price. It was $10 each (plus gratuity) on Getaway 2 weeks ago.

Does Getaway also have the more limited menu like Bliss? That's probably why they decreased the price, I'd guess.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=56482849&postcount=6

Shows Bliss compared to Breakaway. I'm disappointed about the changes not to book it for first time; just not enough interested in trying there. $15 fee didn't bother me.

There were previously much better options for any in the group that might not want seafood, filet mignon, etc.

Tons of interesting appetizers on the old menu; wish I'd gotten there before menu changed. I'm guessing it's moving fleetwide.

Edited by CP3o

Lots of ships/lines have at least one restaurant that cost over and above what the specialty restaurants cost.

I know the Royal Oasis Class does, I haven't sailed Carnival..no idea...

• 4 weeks later...

Putting aside the bad experience we had with the glitches in whether we paid it or not (see other thread), it totally wasn't worth it as far as I'm concerned. The Florida Stone Crab Claws were obviously frozen, especially since they're not in season now, but they tasted like they were in the freezer too long. Totally gross. I asked if the lobster bisque was the same as they serve in the other restaurants, because I did not like it and was told, oh, no, it's different. Creamy. Not true. Not different, not creamy. It was fishy. The Seafood Extravaganza was good, I guess, if you like mussels, clams, lobster and Alaskan Snow Crab claws. I don't like mussels or clams, but DH said they were good. I've had better lobster. Snow Crab Claws are very hard to eat, not much meat on them. The best I can say is the bread was amazing.

I just booked Ocean Blue last night for our Nov Bliss cruise and there was no up charge.

Worry not, they will correct that. It happened to me too. No charge when I booked it, then I called to change my reservation from 2 to 4 and they noticed that I hadn't paid. Presto, a $48 fee was added.

I guess I need to give them a call, I am still charged $36 on my account and it is supposed to be a freebie for being Platinum since they don't have the brazilian steakhouse on board. They said they would reverse the charge but haven't yet.

The 2 options for the Platinum meal on Bliss instead of Moderno are Los Lobos and Q. You would still have to pay the upcharge for Ocean Blue.

Edited by Aprille