Marriott Hotels near port in Baltimore

sayvan

Thanks for the responses. Is the area safe for strolling the night life? Also a platinum member so thanks for the recommendations.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Harbor East is very safe for strolling the night life. Not much to do in the Delta area. HarborPLACE is about 4 blocks away.

Thanks for all the “food” for thought. We opted for the Delta. Fingers crossed its ok. Any recommendations for around there?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Delta hotel is fine, just not much around. It's sort of a Marriott Full-Service light. No concierge lounge, but there's an "elite pantry" open 24/7 with some snacks and grab and go breakfast stuff. Also since it was 2 buildings that were made into 1 hotel, there are 2 sets of elevators. If you take the wrong ones, you'll wind up walking up or down some stairs. Hard to explain, just ask which ones to use. I didn't realize this at first. Their restaurant/bar wasn't bad but service was initially slow.

TBH the Platinum "amenities" left a lot to be desired. The pantry is like a little closet/room with some soft drinks and stuff. IMO they should let Elites have breakfast in the restaurant. This particular Delta seems a lot different from the rest of the brand. It's more like a "fuller service Courtyard..." than a full-service hotel. It IS, technically, I guess, but I think "full-service light" or "enhanced select service" are better terms. If you've been around lots of different Marriott flavors for many years, it'll make sense when you get there. (I don't hate the place at all...it was just different, not in a bad way. Not trying to scare you off, just giving you a heads up!) It's cheaper since it's not really in the "Inner Harbor" proper. It's close, but not RIGHT there.

You could walk up to the Kimpton Hotel Monaco-I really enjoyed the B&O Brasserie there.