Carmellimo or Dial 7?

Countrygurl

Super excited for my first RC cruise, first trip to NJ/NY and first NE/Canada cruise in a little more than 2 weeks!!! I have priced Carmellimo and Dial 7 from airport to hotel and then hotel to cruise port. There is only a dollar difference. Is one better than the other?

We cruise in September (22nd) out of the Brooklyn Cruise Port on the Regal Princess. After flying into EWR we are using Dial 7 Car Service for transportation to our hotel the day before the cruise. Both companies are comparable but we chose Dial 7 based on previous Cruise Critic Reviews and TripAdvisor Reviews. Hope this helps. Happy Cruising.

We have used both over the years and are satisfied. But we are a bit biased towards Dial 7 as they came through the snowy streets early in the am last year to get us to a 7am flight the day of our cruise (out of Miami). Our precious day’s flight was cancelled due to the storm.

leetompkins:

We are on the same cruise! We are helping my sister

and DBIL celebrate their 35th Wedding Anniversary.

Now we are looking for a pre cruise hotel. Thoughts?

Please post more details - exact dates for hotel, hotel budget, number of people, arrival plans - airport & time, sightseeing plans, etc. Sept is high season in NYC (Fashion week, UN opening, etc) and hotels can be very expensive.

Dial 7 prefers you book utilizing their website. There you can set-up type of vehicle you will need based on passengers, luggage, etc;, let them know what airport you will be arriving and time. Their website will give you an idea about the cost from Point A to Point B, exclusive of tolls and gratuity. They have a coupon you can use to lower the overall cost. I believe it is around $5 or $6. Once you land and pick up your luggage you will communicate with them via their link sent to you via text or email and there they will instruct you where to meet driver and vehicle outside luggage pick up area.

Once you land and pick up your luggage you will communicate with them via their link sent to you via text or email and there they will instruct you where to meet driver and vehicle outside luggage pick up area.

Thanks

That is what I was afraid of

Guess a taxi it will be then

Thanks That is what I was afraid of Guess a taxi it will be then

You can still call Dial 7 or Camello and talk to the Operator and request the car. You don't need a reservation but it sure does help to have one. I have done this all three ways, thru the app and calling with and without a reservation. Of course, a reservation for large groups of people or bags a reservation is the best way to go. You can even PAY for the service of having the driver meet you in the terminal, but that is expensive.

As to finding a pay phone... what's that?

Can you just call Dial 7 from a pay phone (providing they have them at LGA) when you clear baggage claim area?

Or do they have a booth in the airport to book their service ?

I doubt they have pay phones. Can’t you use your phone? Even if you pay per minute it might be worth it. It’s always good to have s working phone for an emergency.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I doubt they have pay phones. Can’t you use your phone?

Sorry silly me our airport still have pay phones

If I have a phone then I would not have asked about using a pay phone :rolleyes:

Thanks anyway

I am sure there is a taxi rank at LGA

Coke/Pepsi - We've always had great luck with Dial7 so we've never gone elsewhere, but know others swear by Carmellimo - and we'd have no compunction about switching or recommending them to others.

If only all decisions were so win/win.

Dear Countrygurl,

RCL is a nice line as well the MOTBY too.

Having a hotel property may have services to the Port at MOTBY too.

On your question Dial 7 vs Carmel. Hands down and ^UP Dial7.

Carmel seems like a nice book cover until you book them.Too many times they failed us. F-!

A few times they sent a car and it would not even fit us alone our baggage . Yes puicking us up at our residence. Picking us up in Town (NYC,NY) Passenger Cruise Ship Terminal too. The drivers did not even speak American..

One time the Driver went to the wrong Municipalityy and after a few calls we made finally came and that was 2 hours after our appointed time we had the reservation made for over a week!!

Sorry I have a disdain for inadequate business practices.

Dial7 on the other hand everytime has been an A+ for us.

Congratulations on ypour choice of new England/Canada Provinces Ship Trip..

It is all wonderful and plan well. Yes Plan A, Plan b etcc..

Once you have cruised here in Halifax with a chort walk is a wonderful Dog friendly Park which is very walkable leving the ship turn left and a few minutes your at the park and memorials too.

Super excited for my first RC cruise, first trip to NJ/NY and first NE/Canada cruise in a little more than 2 weeks!!! I have priced Carmellimo and Dial 7 from airport to hotel and then hotel to cruise port. There is only a dollar difference. Is one better than the other?