Tour recommendations to Haleakala Mountain?

ALW2

Hi! I am looking for a private tour that goes to Haleakala Mountain but stops on the way to possibly go to a goat farm and rum distillery or other interesting sights along the way. The tour has to leave the port no earlier than 9:30am and be no longer than 5 hours long. Does anything like this exist? (PS: my in-laws don't want to rent a car and tour on our own)

Hi! I am looking for a private tour that goes to Haleakala Mountain but stops on the way to possibly go to a goat farm and rum distillery or other interesting sights along the way. The tour has to leave the port no earlier than 9:30am and be no longer than 5 hours long. Does anything like this exist? (PS: my in-laws don't want to rent a car and tour on our own)

Tours seem to leave rather early around here, so you will indeed have to look for a private tour for something at the time you have in mind. We do have to mention though that renting your own car would allow you to tailor your own schedule and will save you a considerable about of money over a private tour. Do note the drive from Kahului to the summit will take about 1.5 to 2 hours one way. That and the return drive alone will eat up 4 hours, not to mention whatever time you spend there. It can get cloudy as the day goes on, and the best views seem to be earlier in the morning. It would be a shame to go straight up there and straight back without checking out Upcountry. Is there any way you can stay longer? 5 hours just isn't long enough to do what you wish to do.