Dining on a Windstar transatlantic?

Petoonya

Our next Windstar is a 17 day Tahiti with a port everyday. And after that considering a transatlantic. It has 12 sea days. Have done a TA in the past with Oceania and loved it but only 7 sea days. Know we're going to love it. But my question is- how do they ever provision the ship for dining for 12 days? I'm guessing that towards the end there will not be much in the way of fresh veggies, right? We're not real foodies and have never had a food problem on any cruise. Just wondering what to expect.

I have completed 2 TAs of 14 days each with WS and one Trans Pacific with WS 19 days, this will not be helpful, I have no idea how they keep the food fresh tasting. We always thought the food was full of healthy choices, varied and delicious. A chef once told me that the fish is flash frozen which means that it holds its freshness and characteristics. I would love to know the secret as well. Happy Sailing

I was on a transpacific cruise last May. That was 9 consecutive sea days and there were fresh veggies all cruise. The whole cruise was 14 days and I don't know if they restocked anything in the intermediate Japan ports so it might have been 14 days for most of the produce. With proper storage (humidity and temps), even greens stay in good condition.

2 TAs in last two years 14 and 13 sea days respectively and there were fresh Vegetables and Fruit the whole time. There was no degradation of food quality at all. Enjoy the TA and the great food.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...