Trolly Tour

ggaillie

I am all about convenience when I’m on vacation. I know it costs a little more to book the Trolly Tour as an excursion with Norwegian. Are there any advantages in doing that as in having the ability to get on with less of a line or a shorter walk?

The Old Town Trolley tour/excursion?

The only advantage I can imagine is not having to wait to buy tickets, not that there's probably going to be that long of a wait to begin with. You'll be spending $10 more per adult but I don't see that as an advantage

• 4 weeks later...

You really don't need to do this as an excursion. I don't see any benefit. Do you still have to meet your group and all that nonsense with an excursion? If so, that takes so much time and headache. Just walk over and buy tickets, takes all of 3 minutes. I've done that trolley several times when we take visitors and it's about as easy as can be. No need for an excursion.

Keep in mind, there is the Key West Trolly that boards on Wall Street, and the Conch Train the boards on Duval and Front Street and are only about 1 block apart. Malloy is the closest pier, B pier is not to much farther away, and if you dock at the Outer Marker your shuttle will drop you off at Mallory Square and both are very close to that drop-off. Both also sell tickets on line at a discount. Have fun!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We are visiting Key West for the first time in October. We are doing a back to back on the Paradise so will be there on both cruises and I think that the Trolly will be a nice way to get an overview, so plan on checking it out on our first visit. Thanks for all the feedback!

We are visiting Key West for the first time in October. We are doing a back to back on the Paradise so will be there on both cruises and I think that the Trolly will be a nice way to get an overview, so plan on checking it out on our first visit. Thanks for all the feedback!

Since you posted no dates....

Make sure you check with the trolly to make sure of schedule as they do not run the last Saturday of October because of Fantasy Fest from Oct. 19 to 28.

Have a good time.

We'll stop at KW on a short cruise Oct 29. After researching the trollies and looking into the ship excursions we decided to just stroll up and down Duval St. Maybe get a look at the Hemingway or Truman houses, shop a little and grab a bite. The area just isn't that big.

Looks like Infinity will dock at the Outer Mole, so you will trolly to Mallory Square. Hemingway House is up Whitehead, past Mile 0. Make sure to stop at Green Parrot to check it out, then only a couple of blocks till you are there. Here are two videos that will show you the way.

Video 1

Video 2

Looks like Infinity will dock at the Outer Mole, so you will trolly to Mallory Square. Hemingway House is up Whitehead, past Mile 0. Make sure to stop at Green Parrot to check it out, then only a couple of blocks till you are there. Here are two videos that will show you the way.

Video 1

Video 2

Thanks, Grumpy. I hadn't checked which dock yet.

cheapest option is probably to buy on-line in advance. Lots of trollys leaving all the time. You'll probably have more flexibitlity if you don't book w/ ship

It's still worth checking the price of a cruise 'excursion'. Celebrity had a sale and I got the trolley for only $20 in August. We were docked at Pier B, just had to get sticker and map there and walk at own pace to the stop. No waiting to board as a group or anything... The sticker was good for the day. Agree that for a first visit to KW it gives a great overview. After completing the circuit we had to get off and take another trolley. It was very well organised, I think the trolley company put on extra trolleys for the cruise stop. We were warned that if you did hop off, you may not be able to get the next trolley immediately. Also given tip that it was cooler at the back of the trolley than at the front (it was very hot and sticky that day).

Just to add that we took the entire circuit, then took another trolley to stop 5 for the Hemingway home. It was interesting to note the different styles of the different drivers. The first was more humorous, the second more informative, both entertaining.

(The Hemingway guide was excellent, we lucked out there). We walked back via Blue Heaven onto the Truman Little White House. It is walkable to the Hemingway home / southern most point and back to Mallory Square but on a hot and sticky day I admit I would have been really wiped out :o