Tours available at pier

Damikaan

We booked a last minute cruise and don't have time to pre-book a tour in St. Kitts. Can anyone tell me which of the popular guides have a booth right there at the pier where we can get an island tour? Normally I spend months researching the Cruise Critic threads but only have a couple of days this time. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

When you walk off the pier you will enter a modern, compact, shopping area with many shops and some eating/drinking venues. There will be locals organizing tours or directing folks to taxis. There are some folks who like taking island driving tours...and other folks who prefer to just go to a beach (the beaches on St Kitts are not among the best).

Hank

There will be many tour operators at the pier in St Kitts offering tours. Popular stops are Brimstone Hill National Fortress, Caribelle Batik, Black Rocks, Sir Timothy Hill, the beaches on the SE Peninsula, catamaran sail with snorkeling on the way to Nevis, Zip Lines and the Sugar Train tour.

I have a similar question regarding Nevis. We are arriving December 27 on the Pacific Princess and would like to investigate doing a private taxi tour of the island instead of a ship's tour. My guess is that there are the usual taxis near the dock that would be glad to do this. How much can we expect to pay for an island tour?

When you get off the ferry at Nevis there will be taxis offering island tours of Nevis. Sites that you may want to see include the Botanical Gardens, several of the plantation inns such as Montpelier, Hermitage, Golden Rock, Mount Nevis Hotel, Nisbetts. The Hamilton Museum, Horatio Nelson Museum & the Hot Springs Baths. The island is small so you can see many of the sights in a short time. You may want to visit Pinney's Beach also.

I have used Rose and Jim's Tours at least 4 times.

I HIGHLY rec'md them for your day. I found them on here, and trusted what others have said about them. http://www.roseandjimstaxi.com/ourtours.htm

they will take you where ever you want.

I have a autistic Daughter, that they work very well with. Hope this helps

Chris and Karen :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'll second Rose and Jim's taxi service tours. Excellent. Used them last year with a group from cruise critic. Both Rose and Jim give tours but don't count on being able to book with them at the pier. We had no space left on our van since our group of 10 filled it. They said they also contract to do island tours through the ships which Jim was doing that day. Just a heads up on our experience.

There will be many tour operators at the pier in St Kitts offering tours. Popular stops are Brimstone Hill National Fortress, Caribelle Batik, Black Rocks, Sir Timothy Hill, the beaches on the SE Peninsula, catamaran sail with snorkeling on the way to Nevis, Zip Lines and the Sugar Train tour.

Re the sugar train, I recently read that on days when a ship is in port, only those cruise passengers may do the train (booked in advance); they do not sell tickets at the port.