Advantages of Fred Olson cruises

As established 'P&O-ites' we are sampling Balmoral at the end of the month on a 3 night mini crise down the River Seine. We will report back on our impressions afterwards :) Just for the record, we are on second sitting. One interesting feature of booking dining with Fred is the facility to pay the very small fee of £2 pp pn to be able to choose/change your dining sitting if you have booked on an Anchor Fare - which you can't do on P&O if you have the Saver Fare equivalent.

Edited by Scriv

Thank you for the review Annieuk, good to have your views available to others. Have you also posted it on the review section of this board though as it will be easier to find and will be read long after this thread has gone to the bottom of the page?

It takes a few days for reviews to appear after they have been published in the review section.

Interesting reading the comparison with P&O. What about with Cunard?

DD and I are looking for a mother and daughter cruise end of November. To be honest I've avoided Fred like the plague - old ships, old people and just generally plain boring with nothing much to do, etc, etc. So who's going to put me right?

Would point out that I'm a senior citizen myself although I do occasionally 'forget' that!! I enjoy a mixed age group. Are the passengers mainly British?

Sell Fred to me.