Upgrade offer

plflmng

Hi to all Cruisers, We are going on a 10-day Tahiti to Tahiti in February, We booked an A-1 Concierge level Veranda, We just got an offer for a Penthouse Suite -1 for 1,000 pp. advise needed would you take the offer? is the extra space worth it.........:confused:

Hi to all Cruisers, We are going on a 10-day Tahiti to Tahiti in February, We booked an A-1 Concierge level Veranda, We just got an offer for a Penthouse Suite -1 for 1,000 pp. advise needed would you take the offer? is the extra space worth it.........:confused:

Yes, we would take it for the extra space and service of a butler. The problem may be if you do not answer immediately you may miss out on the offer. Good luck!

Yes, it really depends how much you want a better cabin. Once we purchased a small suite on another line, I called a few weeks before to see if they had anything better--they gave a price for the Owners Suite that was way below a discount price. All I could say was book it! Now we only book those types of suites, once you have the service and room it's hard to go back.

Well after doing my homework (see below of how many cabins are left),and we love to gamble I think we have a chance to get a penthouse for just a little less. We have decided to wait a least for 3-4 more weeks. I will let you all know.

PH-3 - 5

PH-2 - 34

PH-1 - 36

Ocean Suites - 3

Vista Suites - 4

Owners Suites - 2

all others Categories of Cabins a total of - 149

Was mowing and weed eating this morning. Got an upgrade offer from O by email at 10:56. It was 12:07 before I saw it and called O immediately. Everything gone, too late.

Take all the time playing the game you like, but remember you’re not the only contender in the game!

Hi pinotlover, I never said I was playing a game, maybe I should have said Luck!!! If we get a suite! if not I am still happy with the room we got. but my guts are telling me we will get PH Suite, by the way are you sailing to South Pacific as well?

Greetings, Everyone from South Beach. There is a danger attached to upgrades. One day I got an offer to upgrade from a rather ordinary stateroom to a Villa on NCL's Jewel, the precursor to The Haven. I took it. We were in one of ten two bedroom/two bath suites on a ship within a ship. Private everything, Butler, invites to dinners with officers who paid the bills, and more. We were hooked, and haven't booked an ordinary since. Clever people, those marketers.

Mary

You never know how many others got the offer to upgrade & how many will take the offer even at that price

Then of course there are the waitlists to fill & the GTY bookings

If the offer is good then take it or make a counter offer ..sometimes you win sometimes you don't

If you use a TA tell them your maximum price you are willing to pay should an offer come your way so they can act quickly

JMO

Conversely, we are 8 days out from our cruise, we’re on a GTY booking for an OV on Marina and despite it looking like there is availability pretty much all across the board cabin wise, we have been allocated our GTY in the grade we booked this week. Perfectly happy with what we have, but interested to see if we get any offers in the next few days or get a nice surprise at the terminal. The Upgrade Fairy is a fickle thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Conversely, we are 8 days out from our cruise, we’re on a GTY booking for an OV on Marina and despite it looking like there is availability pretty much all across the board cabin wise, we have been allocated our GTY in the grade we booked this week. Perfectly happy with what we have, but interested to see if we get any offers in the next few days or get a nice surprise at the terminal. The Upgrade Fairy is a fickle thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

What is an OV? Have not heard of that one?

We did this cruise in 2015 and did not get an upgrade offer until about 5 days before the ship sailed. Every day there after, I received a better, less expensive offer, to upgrade from my A1 suite to at least a penthouse. I believe that historically, this cruise does not sell well. I would wait. However, if you choose to accept the offer, just remember, it may be difficult to go back to your regular cruising level.

James

Sent from my iPhone using Forums