Guarantee balcony worked!

sailnsee

booked 2days ago and received the guarantee assignment today- the best! 1A on the hump slant- appreciate the midship and larger balcony:D

That's great. Enjoy it. What ship and sail date? If I were to book a specific veranda, that's what I would choose.

We ended up with a 2B on our guarantee. I actually thought we would be assigned the lowest 2D. Booked a suite guarantee once and received an S2. Still saved with all the guarantees so not complaining but wonder how some get very good upgraded cabins.

Still saved with all the guarantees so not complaining but wonder how some get very good upgraded cabins.

It’s not an upgrade. When you book a GTY balcony, you can get anything from a 2D up to a 1A as standard. It’s only an upgrade if you go into another category i.e. Concierge or Aqua.

Think about those that have paid full price before FP, I’m sure they are really happy about those pax getting 1As on a GTY rather than X offering them the chance of a reduced upgrade and giving the lower subcategories to the GTY bookers, which I believe would make more economic sense than just giving those booking GTYs the better positioned cabins - only my opinion of course ;).

Sometimes you win and other times you lose. Congrats.

I’m not sure I ever count it as a loss. We occasionally book guarantees, and the price is cheaper than the same category if we were able to choose our own cabin. Sometimes (most times) that’s the category we get, but we still save a bit of money, so that still counts as a win to me.

And to the OP, that’s great that you got such a good cabin! That counts as an extra win. :)

I’m not sure I ever count it as a loss. We occasionally book guarantees, and the price is cheaper than the same category if we were able to choose our own cabin. Sometimes (most times) that’s the category we get, but we still save a bit of money, so that still counts as a win to me.

And to the OP, that’s great that you got such a good cabin! That counts as an extra win. :)

Booked GTY AQ.....for February sailing we are still waiting for our cabin.

Final payment due next week. If we don’t have our cabin assignments before the final payment we will be canceling

Sent from my iPad using Forums