What is your favorite/least favorite Celebrity show?

tbmrt

I understand you are not a loyal Celebrity cruiser, so I'm not sure it will matter in any way, shape or form, but you might consider writing a letter to Celebrity including your comments given above. I have written in the past and have found that changes were made that were expressed in my letters. Surely, I wasn't the only one to write for the changes to happen.

I am encouraging all Celebrity cruisers with comments to write to Celebrity, not just include your comments in reviews and conversations with fellow passengers and crew. Emails are fine, but people that take their time to write an actual letter seem to carry more weight with their suggestions.

I’m sure many of us have commented on the shows on the post cruise surveys - for what it’s worth.

We have friends currently on Reflection and today she writes in her email that the entertainment is dire.

They love music of any sort, but 2 party bands and no ensemble of any kind has really disheartened them. They are on a back to back as well so a month of poor entertainment isn't looking good. Come on Celebrity, surely you can do better than this!

Best seats in the house are bar stools at rear of either level. Flat surface to rest your drink and elbows on and easy exit. Great for beating crowd to elevators.
A very good point. Often these seem to be the first seats taken. Smart people!!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Forums mobile app

Just off the Equinox on Monday and I must say that Elysium was dreadful, so bad that we didn't even bother with the second production show! Tribute to Broadway? No. Tribute to the lesser-known musicals and songs, maybe!

December 63, which, of course, is an act, not a production show, were the highlight of our cruise. There was a comedy magician, who took too long over the few tricks he performed to keep interest, plus a comedian who was really funny.

Overall, the entertainment was disappointing, TBH, but the overall cruise experience was really good.

One huge plus for us as NCL cruisers was the fact that there was no bingo or other games in the theater prior to the shows, so everyone had a fair shot at a decent seat!

I found all the new production shows on Eclipse in February to pretty dire. For me the worst was Amade. Or "murdering Mozart" as it might well have been christened. Against the woefully wilful arrangements of Mozart, Topper seemed almost a relief, although I can understand those here who thought it the worst!

It is a shame as the cast put heart and soul into their performances and some real talent was clearly available! Although to be honest, I thought the much vaunted orchestra (band) was less than exciting.

We were on Silhouette Eastern Med and Israel cruise 29th September. Guest entertainers were excellent, with special mention for Jayne Curry who is wonderful. Production shows however were the worst I can remember. All very young and enthusiastic, trying so hard but couldn't make sense of them and not keen on the music.The singers seemed weaker than usual too. We were so disappointed with Pearl that we didn't go to the second one at all. Everyone we spoke to was not impressed with it. Went to last one-Life, but came out early. I have never done that before.

Incidentally one guest entertainer didn't make it on board because of a family emergency and the cruise director Sue Denning did a one woman show at a days notice and was amazing. Maybe the best cruise director around. Not many could have carried that off so well I think.

Incidentally other than the production shows I could not find fault with that cruise. It was one of the best .

Just off Reflection and the "Broadway" show was terrible. There are at least 50 famous Broadway shows, each with at least 3 recognizable signature songs (almost all of which are off copyright). Think Sound of Music, Cabaret, Oklahoma, The King and I, A Chorus Line, Showboat, the Birdcage, and on and on.

Celebrity manages to do an hour of Broadway shows you've never heard of. Never, ever. Really sad.

I am obviously in the minority on this one. A rehash of broadway show tunes are not something I enjoy. How many times do you want to hear the same old stuff sung by performers who have no idea where the songs came from since the shows closed on broadway 20 years before they were born? I much prefer the new production shows with more current music. The young performers have a whole lot more energy when singing a song that they might have in their playlist on their I-Pods.

Jayne Curry seems like a very nice person but that is one show we tend to skip on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just off Reflection and the "Broadway" show was terrible. There are at least 50 famous Broadway shows, each with at least 3 recognizable signature songs (almost all of which are off copyright). Think Sound of Music, Cabaret, Oklahoma, The King and I, A Chorus Line, Showboat, the Birdcage, and on and on.

Celebrity manages to do an hour of Broadway shows you've never heard of. Never, ever. Really sad.

WOW! So lets talk about your list of shows. Sound of Music ....1959! Caberet.......1966! Oklahoma.....1943 King and I .....1951! Chorus Line ......1975 Showboat ....1927 (original) and Birdcage ..... 1950

Do you see a pattern. Yes, we know all those shows. Why not just do Al Jolson shows....? Many folks are just not into Broadway shows that opened before they were born. Perhaps you have never heard of newer shows (say from the past 40 years)...but others have. To be honest, I am not sure I want to hear "Surrey with a Fringe On Top" or "Climb Every Mountain." And I am a senior who actually remember seeing most of the shows (on your list) on Broadway!

Times have changed. I agree that most of the new Celebrity production shows suck! But I salute that at least they are trying to do something different...instead of regurgitating the same old same old. Rogers and Hammerstein have been dead a long time...and their shows...while classic, are horribly out of date. Your list does not even include a single Andrew Lloyd Weber show., nothing by Frank Wildhorn or perhaps Claude Michel Schonberg.

My DW probably agrees with you in that she prefers to hear the same stuff...over and over and over again. She is not a big fan of music she doesn't know....which begs the question how do you ever know anything if you reject anything you do not know!

But we can agree that most of these new Celebrity shows suck! But I do not want to see the same old same old.....I just want them to perform better shows with better music. And to be honest, I might be pushing 70....but give me the music of Queen, Pink Floyd, etc. rather then Rogers and Hammerstein (or even Hart).

And here is an interesting factoid. Do you realize that not one of those shows you listed are among the top 10 longest running Broadway shows of all time? Kind of shocking don't you think?

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

I agree that there are few good shows on Celebrity ships today, but the very best show that I have ever seen at sea in 18 cruise on 4 lines was on the recent Solstice cruise, Vancouver to Hawaii. The show was aptly called "Euphoria" and did not start propitiously: at the first 9:00 PM show time the stage elevator got stuck in the down position and the performance was canceled!

Fortunately the problem was fixed and on the last night of the cruise the show did go on. There were two kinds of entertainment, both exquisitely staged and performed. There were three aerialists (2 men, 1 woman), showing extraordinarily strength, agility, artistry and grace as they defied gravity and struck wonderful visual pictures high above the stage. When we met two of the performers after the show, they exhibited the same poise and beauty they had displayed on stage.

The second entertainment almost defies description. Large (half stage width or more) inflated white figures--geometric, porpoise-shaped, and dragon-like) moved magically around the stage, with the dragon's head dipping into the front row! Were they real, was it just a projection, or what? It was a thrilling and expertly performed figure dance.

Maybe my description is a bit over the edge because something beautiful and perfect was unexpected on board (although the comedian was really funny, too). If Euphoria is scheduled on any of your future cruises, don't miss it!

I sailed on REFLECTION back in February over SuperBowl Sunday:D...now THAT was a great show;)

As for the shows....I remember Broken Strings and thought it was STRANGE:eek:..........and there was another one....

Esylum? Funky as well.........I don't normally attend shows anymore but I think I went because they were "NEW" at the time........

I have nothing else booked on X until 2019....decided to put a deposit down on EDGE....and that would be to

try a new ship.......not planning to go to any shows.

Unfortunately all of them are my least favorite. We have repeatedly tried different shows hoping to find something good and not cheesy but have had no luck. I honestly don't understand why a line of this caliber can't or refuses to get good entertainment. We would actually pay extra for it...sort of like a specialty restaurant.

There is sometimes better entertainment on a talent TV show. I would bet anything that those people would be willing to work for Celebrity for a bit. Wish I could understand why they fail to have great talent/productions onboard.

Unfortunately all of them are my least favorite. We have repeatedly tried different shows hoping to find something good and not cheesy but have had no luck. I honestly don't understand why a line of this caliber can't or refuses to get good entertainment. We would actually pay extra for it...sort of like a specialty restaurant.

There is sometimes better entertainment on a talent TV show. I would bet anything that those people would be willing to work for Celebrity for a bit. Wish I could understand why they fail to have great talent/productions onboard.

They featured American Idol. top ten contestants for a while. Complete bust! I saw a top 5 finisher who was either high or drunk and more than half the audience left.

We were on, I think, the Summit. They hired this comedian I hadn't a clue who he was, but he supposedly did a bunch of comedy shows and plays Vegas regularly, so we were looking forward to having a great show. That guy was so crude and so not funny that we actually got up and walked out and we were not the only ones to do so.

We DO sit in those tall bar stool seats in the back of the theater so as to not be rude if we need to leave. The guest entertainers sometimes are pretty entertaining; X's production shows are terrible IMHO. Let me say the singers and dancers are often doing a spectacular job; it's not their fault the storyline and lyrics are terrible.

We go dancing or sit on our balcony and watch the stars and wake...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums