Getaway thoughts for those who have been on her and what not to miss?

fatcattravel

Personal preferences are what they are (I think Cagney's is great and Moderno is trash; others disagree) but the one piece of advice I'd give you is that if you are doing specialty restaurants, book pre-cruise. We were on a 7-day Western last February and all our reservations were honoured as expected, but we still had to line up to register (of course). There wree never more than 3-4 parties ahead of us. Without fail, the people with reservations were seated and the walk-ups were turned away. Occasionally, the walk-ups were told they could come back around 9-ish if they liked.

We got the Spa pass and Vibe pass and thought they wre amazing. Next time we would just get one or the other, not both, but wouldn't want to be without one. It's nice to be able to be out of the room but away from the crowds.

Personal preferences are what they are (I think Cagney's is great and Moderno is trash; others disagree) but the one piece of advice I'd give you is that if you are doing specialty restaurants, book pre-cruise. We were on a 7-day Western last February and all our reservations were honoured as expected, but we still had to line up to register (of course). There wree never more than 3-4 parties ahead of us. Without fail, the people with reservations were seated and the walk-ups were turned away. Occasionally, the walk-ups were told they could come back around 9-ish if they liked.

We got the Spa pass and Vibe pass and thought they wre amazing. Next time we would just get one or the other, not both, but wouldn't want to be without one. It's nice to be able to be out of the room but away from the crowds.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

16 nights on Getaway this year, and despite it being a "disaster cruise lol" - we loved every minute on this fabulous ship. For sure favourite ship ever ..

Funny - La Cucina on all others we havent enjoyed - on Getaway we must have dined there at least five times, loved sitting near the bars (its kind of almost in the public walking area next to the lounges) to people watch, and enjoy the live music nearby. Others I am sure preferred being next to the window/waterfront. We live very rurally so love a busy vibe on vacation. The food was exceptional in Getaways La Cucina!

My "must book" would be Million Dollar Quartet. We dont do shows - stood up the back for the 1.5 hours of this and wouldnt miss a second of it - for sure :)

Enjoy - its a fabulous ship - we are on Epic for the next three and although we love Epic - we know we would rather be on the Getaway...

Was on the Getaway a few years ago. Had a great time. Cagneys at that time was good and Ocean Blue was my particular favorite....especially sitting outside on the Waterfront. Main dining was "meh" in my opinion and nothing to rave about, but good.

Staff at that time was really good across the ship and were always extremely accommodating.

I will say one large compliment to the Ship Crew as far as cleanliness. This went way beyond the standard "washy washy" routine of hand sanitizer everywhere. On about Day 3, some "unattended kids" were loaded into one of the hot tubs by the main pool. One of the kids, for whatever reason, decided to "deuce" the hot tub. Disgusting to say the least. But the way the crew handled it was impressive nonetheless. They had EVERY pool on the ship drained, sanitized with bleach by the "Moon-men" (guys in Hazmat suits), and had those pools and hot tubs open again in about 3 hours. Not an easy undertaking I can imagine. And they did it so quick and quietly, that most people had no idea what the real story was or what happened. And after that point, kids were not allowed in those hot tubs.