Carnival conquest riviera deck (deck 1) forward ocean view?

cbowls30

hi all

Trying to book conquest for March 3rd. Usually go for balcony but all sold out so now looking at ocean view or interior.

Anybody had an ocean view on riviera/deck 1? Never had a cabin that low down or forward, is it noisey, lots of movement? I've never been in an interior before and worried that if there is movement it may make me feel sick, we're looking at cabins in deck 7/empress? Any thoughts much appreciated!!!

Thanks

We have been on many cruises and about 75% of them have been mid ship deck 1 or 2. The only time we had problem with noise was room 2450 and 2475 which were aft section and we had a lot of rumbling and vibration when coming into or leaving port. Otherwise no problem with noise or motion. We sleep very comfortably in those cabins so much so that the only time we moved was to a balcony on the 6th floor once.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ive done the 1A portholes that you can see the ocean on Empress deck, (and riveria and the next one up too). empress was below the theater bu.t the sound didnt bother us. But do look at whats above you if you pick empress, im pretty sure its the theater.

we still went with empress for the convenience. But just making sure you see the theater is right above you.

i cruise alone so the 1A porthole in that area all i need, one twin and a sofa and they are larger than a inside cabin and usually cheaper. The oceanviews next to them should not have any more noise than i had since they are next to each other. We HAVE gotten some motion in storms, which luckily im ok with.

Ive gotten balconys and suites and never sit out on them, Ive had 4 skin cancers removed lately, so its either too sunny, or too hot or too cold, to me a balcony is just a bigger window.

if there are any 1A portholes and you dont need the beds to push together, and one can sleep on the sofa bed, i would pick them over a interior any day, for the size and view. if you need the beds to push together, then of course inside or ov. ... or there are some higher up 1A s that the beds do push together mid ship, deck 6, 7 and 8, nice cabins, inside midship so no motion for the 1A price. I got the one on deck 7 this time, there is one per deck that is 1A pricing, kinda near the steward closet but there seems to be insulation and never heard noise and been in all 3 1A on those higher decks.

or pick the ov if you cant get a 1a porthole, its up to you, empress isnt too bad a location.

someone beat me to all the porthole 1As, they are the best deal going on carnival.

Edited by firefly333

• 4 weeks later...
Ive done the 1A portholes that you can see the ocean on Empress deck, (and riveria and the next one up too). empress was below the theater bu.t the sound didnt bother us. But do look at whats above you if you pick empress, im pretty sure its the theater.

we still went with empress for the convenience. But just making sure you see the theater is right above you.

i cruise alone so the 1A porthole in that area all i need, one twin and a sofa and they are larger than a inside cabin and usually cheaper. The oceanviews next to them should not have any more noise than i had since they are next to each other. We HAVE gotten some motion in storms, which luckily im ok with.

Ive gotten balconys and suites and never sit out on them, Ive had 4 skin cancers removed lately, so its either too sunny, or too hot or too cold, to me a balcony is just a bigger window.

if there are any 1A portholes and you dont need the beds to push together, and one can sleep on the sofa bed, i would pick them over a interior any day, for the size and view. if you need the beds to push together, then of course inside or ov. ... or there are some higher up 1A s that the beds do push together mid ship, deck 6, 7 and 8, nice cabins, inside midship so no motion for the 1A price. I got the one on deck 7 this time, there is one per deck that is 1A pricing, kinda near the steward closet but there seems to be insulation and never heard noise and been in all 3 1A on those higher decks.

or pick the ov if you cant get a 1a porthole, its up to you, empress isnt too bad a location.

someone beat me to all the porthole 1As, they are the best deal going on carnival.

Do you know if the porthole rooms have a fridge? Seems like someone (maybe you) mentioned it on here before.