Suite Bar Set-up

jules815

This will be our first time in a suite that includes this type of thing.

Is it possible to request say, a bottle of Vodka and wine, instead of 2 bottles of liquor? Also what types of mixers can they provide? Would cranberry juice be an odd request?

It looks like there's a lounge right outside the hallway where our room is located. Might be convenient to pop out there for a cocktail to bring back to our balcony. I can't imagine us going through 2 bottles of liquor in our stateroom, when we have access to any bar on board, plus Michael's Club. Having a few bottles of wine though, now that would be nice.

Yes, we always request 2 bottles of champagne, the real thing not sparkling wine. Request it by name if you are not too outrageous with it, we usually ask for Tattinger. I don't drink beer and my DH very seldom does so we request red wine in place of beer, they usually leave beer too. Should not be a problem requesting cranberry juice as long as they have it in a bottle for use at the bars.

This will be our first time in a suite that includes this type of thing.

Is it possible to request say, a bottle of Vodka and wine, instead of 2 bottles of liquor? Also what types of mixers can they provide? Would cranberry juice be an odd request?

It looks like there's a lounge right outside the hallway where our room is located. Might be convenient to pop out there for a cocktail to bring back to our balcony. I can't imagine us going through 2 bottles of liquor in our stateroom, when we have access to any bar on board, plus Michael's Club. Having a few bottles of wine though, now that would be nice.

You will be contacted about 10 days before your cruise by the shoreside concierge who will note your in room drink preferences. In addition to your vodka and wine they will also ensure your cooler/fridge has your preferred sodas and water too.

Think a little about your usual in suite routines before ordering your set up.....For example, we tend to order a decent cognac for the room as that is our preferred late night on the balcony tipple....On Caribbean cruises our second bottle may be a bottle that makes long cool drinks like Gin or Bacardi....In our experience (re your cranberry juice) if they have got it on board they will get it for you!

You will also have a decent champagne in your suite on boarding....

Enjoy!

PH/RS plus Reflection Suite and Signiture suites on Reflection.

All guests, however, can book a 'bar set up'. We used to order this before the 'suite life'....it includes a bottle of spirits, sodas and a box of mixed nuts/fruits. Not cheap but if you regularly enjoy a tipple on the balcony it makes life very easy....

Thanks for the replies. Just talked to my husband, and he really likes the idea of champagne or wine instead of liquor. Having some beer in the mini bar will be nice too. Is it pretty much whatever beer they have available on board? My husband likes IPAs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies. Just talked to my husband, and he really likes the idea of champagne or wine instead of liquor. Having some beer in the mini bar will be nice too. Is it pretty much whatever beer they have available on board? My husband likes IPAs.

Like I mentioned in my original post, we enjoy cocktails, but (I know this might sound silly), I like drinks better that are made for me. And that large bar area on our deck looks like it’s adjacent to the hallway where our room is, with possibly a doorway right from the hall. So super convenient.

As far as beer, if they have it on board they should be able to provide it as part of your mini bar set up.

BTW, if another Sig Suite comes up at the right price you may see us on board. Trying to decide on a cruise or redoing the bedroom.

This made me laugh! My husband and I still have the bedroom set we bought when we got married...33 years ago!!! And that's what I always say...new bedroom furniture, or a cruise?? Cruise always wins.

We had a RS on the Equinox recently. We didn't ask for wine, but I think they would have swapped it out without a problem. For our set up we had Hendricks Gin & Tito's Vodka. I asked for limes, cranberry juice(came in a carafe), tonic water, ginger ale; all were provided. Because the drinks are "free" all over the ship, we really didn't drink much of it. One evening we had 6 people over, we made some drinks for our guests.

Our room was the final stop on a cabin crawl, the suite manager provided champagne, cheese, crackers, fruit, etc for it. She even helped serve & kept calling for more champagne & glasses when more people showed up than we planned for.

Another friend in an S1 planned a small sail away party. He coordinated with his butler & the suite manager. They provided wine, champagne, finger foods, plates, etc for the event at no charge.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had a RS on the Equinox recently. We didn't ask for wine, but I think they would have swapped it out without a problem. For our set up we had Hendricks Gin & Tito's Vodka. I asked for limes, cranberry juice(came in a carafe), tonic water, ginger ale; all were provided. Because the drinks are "free" all over the ship, we really didn't drink much of it. One evening we had 6 people over, we made some drinks for our guests.

Our room was the final stop on a cabin crawl, the suite manager provided champagne, cheese, crackers, fruit, etc for it. She even helped serve & kept calling for more champagne & glasses when more people showed up than we planned for.

Another friend in an S1 planned a small sail away party. He coordinated with his butler & the suite manager. They provided wine, champagne, finger foods, plates, etc for the event at no charge.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Very nice! We've never entertained in suites, but that's good do know.

Wondering if I might be able to get a tea kettle? I know they have them currently on the TA. I've been able to have one while sailing in the Caribbean on Royal Caribbean ships in suites.

Wondering if I might be able to get a tea kettle? I know they have them currently on the TA. I've been able to have one while sailing in the Caribbean on Royal Caribbean ships in suites.

Ask your butler on boarding. They have supplied them for us (tea tray set up) on the Equinox and Solstice as well as the Eclipse.

This made me laugh! My husband and I still have the bedroom set we bought when we got married...33 years ago!!! And that's what I always say...new bedroom furniture, or a cruise?? Cruise always wins.

I can do you one better, we've had the same bedroom furniture for 46 years. Just going to paint & replace carpet and base boards so there might just be a cruise in our future, well before November 2018.