Table for 2 in Main Dining Room??

metsmom

We will be sailing on the Carnival Pride in less than a month and I just saw that we have been moved up on the waiting list from Your time Dining to Early Dining which was our first choice. We certainly don't mind dining at breakfast and lunch with others but would like to have a table for 2 for dinner since we are celebrating a special occasion. I would like to get this taken care of before the cruise if possible so we don't have to waste time waiting to talk to the maitre'd on board. Is there anything we can do to get our request taken care of? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by metsmom

When you got to dinner on YTD when you walk in simply tell them you want a table for 2. Just like a land based restaurant. They will sit you at a table for 2. Now that table for 2 may be close to another table, but you will definitely be at a table for 2.

MD can't always accommodate a table for two. But if he can request a private table for two . If not you will be sitting side by side in a row of so called table of two tops,which becomes a large twelve top. ;)

When you got to dinner on YTD when you walk in simply tell them you want a table for 2. Just like a land based restaurant. They will sit you at a table for 2. Now that table for 2 may be close to another table, but you will definitely be at a table for 2.

They are not YTD, they are early seating. Don't waist time emailing the Maitre'd. When you get aboard see him personally, should not be a problem

MD can't always accommodate a table for two. But if he can request a private table for two . If not you will be sitting side by side in a row of so called table of two tops,which becomes a large twelve top. ;)

I've always thought it was fun the way they are set up. I know that space is limited, but we had a good sized family group right next to a couple on their honeymoon. They started talking to us and by the second night, they pretty much ended up at our table ;p

I've always thought it was fun the way they are set up. I know that space is limited, but we had a good sized family group right next to a couple on their honeymoon. They started talking to us and by the second night, they pretty much ended up at our table ;p

So much for the fellow that wants that private romantic evening with his wife ,Eh !:D

We emailed the Maitre D’ on the Pride about a week before our cruise last October requesting a table for 6 by a window at the late seating. When we boarded, that’s exactly what we got and we were quite pleased.

Unfortunately, none of the other table mates assigned to this table chose to eat in the DR for dinner, so we were 2 lone people at a large table. After a couple of days, the Maitre D’ asked if he could seat us at a table for two as this table could be used for a group seated near us who were crammed around a smaller table. He offered us any available table we saw and we chose a table for two in a primo spot which was NOT right next to another 2-Top.

So my recommendation would be to contact the Maitre D’ in advance at the email address in the earlier post and if you don’t get what you want, see the Maitre D’ on the day you board. (Note: There are many empty tables at the late seating and many fewer for the more popular early seating, so you may not be as lucky as we were with getting the relatively private table. You will get a table for 2, but it may not be very private.)

Since I turned Diamond, we have been seated for late MDR dining on either a table or booth for just us two. This wasn't happening when I was platinum. If it is a standard the Maitre'Ds follow, and I'm not sure if it is, then tables for 2 may be at a premium for early dining, depending on how many Diamonds are on board.

In any case, it won't hurt if you email the Maitre'D about 2 weeks prior to your cruise with your request. See him/her on board if you wind up seated with others.

Better yet, book the Steakhouse for your special night.

It's after the fact but if you kept YTD , you would have an advantage of being able to dine when you want and get a table for two. We chose YTD this last cruise and were so happy that we will choose this every time. My husband and I wanted to dine alone each night too as this was a getaway for just the two of us. Each night we arrived at dinner we asked for a table for two and got it. We also asked for the same wait team that we sat with the second day. They were wonderful and even though we were close to others , we felt like we had sufficient privacy , our table neighbors were polite enough and we exchanged small talk but then after that, went back to our own conversations . We had a short wait on elegant night but that night, got the best table than we had all week. We had another wait, where we were given a pager, the last night of the cruise. I wouldn't trade YTD for anything now. We went to dinner about 6pm each night and it was not crowded and we had very good service with hot food in a timely manner. I wonder if it's too late to ask for YTD again in your booking.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ken is the Maitre D on the Pride - He is the best in the entire fleet hands down - He will take care of you and will email you back and get you that table for 2. We did this every cruise we were on before kids. Now we usually cruise with 6-8 people so it doesn't matter as much.

We have emailed the Monday before we sailed on our last four or five cruises and always was assigned a table for two, but we had early seating. With YTD they can't assign a table for two until you arrive at the MDR each night and that would be subject to availability. Ken is the best but he will be leaving the Pride soon for vacation and then he will go to the Horizon to train the MDR staff prior to the first sailing and will remain on the Horizon while it sail Europe. I believe he told us he will be back on the Pride after the Horizon's transatlantic cruise.

I have emailed the maitre'd many times requesting a private table for two and they always have it taken care of when we arrive on the ship. Having a rudimentary understanding of how things work, I always email the maitre'd on the second day of the voyage right before ours. That gives him or her a chance to take care of the current requests, yet enough time to make any changes before our cards our printed for our voyage.

Good luck!

Brad

And if that does not work, when you arrive onboard, they have times posted to get dining room arrangements secured. It's a short time window but we have used this option once when our party was not linked together for dinner. They fixed it for the second night but not the first night, which was understandable.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

While I have never had your same problem I have had in reverse. On every single cruise My wife and I have been on we have always had our own table. It can get kinda boring. If you don't have any luck securing a table for two before your cruise I suggest to make a beeline to dinning room to make sure you got the table you would like but if not you can always ask.

We will be sailing on the Carnival Pride in less than a month and I just saw that we have been moved up on the waiting list from Your time Dining to Early Dining which was our first choice. We certainly don't mind dining at breakfast and lunch with others but would like to have a table for 2 for dinner since we are celebrating a special occasion. I would like to get this taken care of before the cruise if possible so we don't have to waste time waiting to talk to the maitre'd on board. Is there anything we can do to get our request taken care of? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

There are plenty of 2 tops but they are very close together.